Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2022, 08:36 PM   #1
MiaDia

Morryde Suspension Upgrade

Has anyone upgraded to the Morryde CRE 3000 Suspension, welt bolt shackle kit and the X-Factor Crossmember? What was your experience installing them, if you did it yourself? Do you see or feel a difference with this upgrade? We have a Cougar Half-Ton 29MBS and will do the install myself. Thx, Phil
MiaDia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:37 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Knowing your current suspension would make a lot of difference in giving opinions. If you have a regular run of the mill RV suspension the MorRyde is a huge step up. If you have a RoadArmor suspension (which I replaced with Morryde) it's a bit of improvement. I did it because I like MorRyde and don't like copies.

I had mine installed along with new axles, springs, xfactor braces and disc brakes. If I didn't have physical limitations I would have done it myself. You need a jack or 2 and some good jack stands. Not a big deal if you're mechanically inclined but just time consuming. I chose to remove the RoadArmor and install the LRE4000 suspension due to the fact my last trailer had the CRE3000 factory suspension and I loved it. I would do it if I were you; be sure and install HD shackles and remove the 1/4" stuff. JMO
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 11:41 AM   #3
slow

Morryde Suspension Upgrade

My FW came with the CRE3000 and brass bushings but no wet bolts. I installed the wet bolts and three X-Factor braces. All are a straightforward install for a DIY.

Worth it? Yes. No suspension noise with wet bolts. No axle and hanger twist with X-Factor braces when making sharp corner onto my driveway.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 12:22 PM   #4
NH_Bulldog

Based on my discovery yesterday of a broken spring hanger (had it fixed this morning). It has me seriously thinking that the wet bolt kit and the x-factor braces are in my immediate future.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 01:12 PM   #5
challeng71

Upgrade!

Put mine in last year. Definitely and upgrade over the stock factory setup. Wet bolts are great. Stopped a lot of the squeaking going down the road. Seams a bit smother of a ride as well. No real data to verify that... Just less stuff moved in cabinets
challeng71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade