Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2014, 04:04 AM   #21
Richard6959

I have come to the conclusion that Keystone builders have never used their own products.
Richard6959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #22
08quadram

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
You can get handles in gray.

I already had gray spray paint sitting in the garage. 30 seconds........done. It now matches my tow vehicle.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #23
Ken / Claudia

I suppose some building changes are done do to parts on hand and need to get the trailers out of the plant. I cannot help but wonder after been inside 2 rv plants and finding lead workers speak english and line workers likely do not or very little. Stuff like labels get put on in places where a label should be but, do not read correctly for where they get put on such as black vs gray.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #24
Desert185

All I can say is thank goodness Keystone doesn't own/manufacture Boeing aircraft. On second thought...maybe they own Airbus??

I know humans make mistakes, but some of this stuff on the forum is beyond comprehension. Does Keystone even have a QC department? I'm beginning to wonder why I have no similar issues with my 326...and grateful that I don't. The biggest issue for me was with the dealer who wanted me and the trailer off his lot ASAP. He had his money and didn't need me around anymore. Thankfully, the tech assigned to me was a customer person who made every effort to accommodate the few things that needed to be addressed. He's the guy who should be running the place.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #25
chuckster57
Site Team

Trust me Keystone isn't the only one with QC issues. Spend a month with me, then you'll really be shaking your head.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
All I can say is thank goodness Keystone doesn't own/manufacture Boeing aircraft. On second thought...maybe they own Airbus??

I know humans make mistakes, but some of this stuff on the forum is beyond comprehension. Does Keystone even have a QC department? I'm beginning to wonder why I have no similar issues with my 326...and grateful that I don't. The biggest issue for me was with the dealer who wanted me and the trailer off his lot ASAP. He had his money and didn't need me around anymore. Thankfully, the tech assigned to me was a customer person who made every effort to accommodate the few things that needed to be addressed. He's the guy who should be running the place.
If you follow the Dodge, Ford or GM forums you'll find "nightmare stories" about their products. Follow the Whirlpool forum and you'll see a trend there as well. Every forum has vocal members who post their negative experiences about almost everything from Arby's wait times to the hot dogs at the Zoo. So, from A to Z, you'll find comments about problems. And, on almost all of those forums you'll find comments similar to the one you just made: "I'm beginning to wonder why I have no similar issues with my 326...and grateful that I don't."

It's the "nature of the beast" so to speak that members will "air their dirty laundry" much more than they commend their positive experiences.

I've owned two Keystone products, both were built well and I had/have had no issues with either of them that I'd attribute to Keystone. The refrigerator on my Springdale was a Dometic issue and the remote control problem on my Cougar was a Lippert (LCI) issue. Like you, I'm fortunate not to have any issues with my Keystone built RV's and I also attribute the majority of my success to the dealerships that I do business with. They have seemed to stay on top of any problem and fix it before it becomes an issue.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #27
Rick G

You guys make me smile! Just as JRTJH wrote "...If you follow the Dodge, Ford or GM forums you'll find "nightmare stories" about their products…". This same statement holds true for probably just about every vehicle/vehicle manufacturer out there. I can say that we've owned 3 TT's (Mallard, KZ JAG, and 2014 Outback 298RE) and the Keystone is the best of all. We've owned our TT for a little over a year and only had a minor warranty issue, we would purchase another Keystone product in a heartbeat. Additionally, before purchasing the Keystone product we probably looked at 125-150 different TT's and 5vers from all the manufacturers and found Keystone to have the optimum product for our needs.

Carol & Rick
Jack (Border Collie Mix)
Daffy "The Baby" (Lab Mix)
2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie, Crew Cab, DRW, 8' Bed, 6.7L Cummins
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #28
billandjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcop63 View Post
This clear connector, about $5.00 at Camping World,
I bought one at Wal-Mart, since they are more convenient (closer to home) than a CW store.
billandjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:11 AM   #29
zenbuck

And this is still an issue in 2023! Keystone Sprinter Limited 3570 LFT, tanks labeled wrong. Kept the gray closed and the black open. Thankfully it was only 3 days till I noticed the gray was full... Filled and flushed the black 4 times to break up any pile..

Sounds like weather folks get the sticker job on the line at Keystone.. 50/50 shot!

C'mon Keystone!!!

2014 Premier 31 BHPR
2011 Silverado 1500
zenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote