Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2023, 01:57 PM   #1
Maineiacs

Summit TV with Amazon Firestick - codes?

Anyone have any success pairing their firestick with their Summit TV? It's not on their list of manufacturers. I have all the buttons working except mute and that's sometimes my favorite button!
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 02:15 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

I used the code for LG and everything works
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 02:16 PM   #3
Maineiacs

Thanks, I'll try that one.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:38 PM   #4
jasin1

Im gonna replace my summit tv when i get home ..i keep meaning to but it slips my mind until the next vacation.I’ve been having ongoing tv reception problems …posted about it in the past and figured it was the rats nest of cable connections and the poor execution of the crimp connectors….bought a standalone amplified antenna and it seemed to help.I can watch a channel for awhile then it starts pixelization and drops…getting worse and i finally realized if i rescan the channels immediately i get the picture back until it drops again and i rescan…..I’m thinking it’s the actual tuner in the Summit tv that is poor quality and can’t hold on to a channel frequency…id be surprised if Keystone paid more then $65 for my 50” tv…only tv i’ve owned since the old black and white portable that takes so long to actually start up when you power it on
Old 05-23-2023, 03:47 PM   #5
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiacs View Post
Anyone have any success pairing their firestick with their Summit TV? It's not on their list of manufacturers.
Summit is not on ANYONE'S list of manufacturers. They don't even have an online presence or manual. I think they're put together in a barn by an excommunicated and exiled Amish mad scientist.
Old 05-23-2023, 03:53 PM   #6
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I can watch a channel for awhile then it starts pixelization and drops…getting worse and i finally realized if i rescan the channels immediately i get the picture back until it drops again and i rescan…..I’m thinking it’s the actual tuner in the Summit tv that is poor quality and can’t hold on to a channel frequency…
That's one possibility. But is anything else (like you) not stationary?

My house is directly between my home shore connection for my rig and the big city TV antennas, so I just barely get OTA on most channels. If I'm sitting in my theatre seat, it's actually pretty good, but if I just stand up, or move to other places in the rig, I can lose the signal entirely. And this is using the black omni mushroom that's on the roof of my rig, which you wouldn't think would be sensitive to any changes almost directly below it.
Old 05-23-2023, 03:59 PM   #7
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post

My house is directly between my home shore connection for my rig and the big city TV antennas, so I just barely get OTA on most channels. If I'm sitting in my theatre seat, it's actually pretty good, but if I just stand up, or move to other places in the rig, I can lose the signal entirely. And this is using the black omni mushroom that's on the roof of my rig, which you wouldn't think would be sensitive to any changes almost directly below it.
you may be onto something there..it could also be when the converter or refrigerator or some other appliance is kicking on in the background…i keep forgetting about the limitations and intricacies of the electrical system in the rv compared to residential homes.When my bathroom exhaust fan is turned on i lose stations but haven’t thought about other electrical interference…will ask the DW not move around the rv or flail her arms while i’m watching tv https://media.giphy.com/media/12dpLtkNiqc5zO/giphy.gif
Old 05-23-2023, 07:20 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Here is some grist for your mill:

https://thecampingadvisor.com/summit...-control-code/
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 06:26 AM   #9
Sean D

Does anyone know the size summit tv in a 2023 cougar?
Old 05-27-2023, 06:37 AM   #10
peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean D View Post
Does anyone know the size summit tv in a 2023 cougar?
Your 25DBS and my 24RDS are very similar layouts, lengths, etc..
I would (almost) bet they have the same TV's. Mine is a 39" one.
Here is the manual I found for it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Summit - Television Model PRLE3930 User Guide.pdf (542.5 KB, 121 views)

peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 03:35 AM   #11
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post

Quote:
you may be onto something there..it could also be when the converter or refrigerator or some other appliance is kicking on in the background…i keep forgetting about the limitations and intricacies of the electrical system in the rv compared to residential homes.When my bathroom exhaust fan is turned on i lose stations but haven’t thought about other electrical interference…will ask the DW not move around the rv or flail her arms while i’m watching tv https://media.giphy.com/media/12dpLtkNiqc5zO/giphy.gif
It definitely had an effect on the reception when i moved around …i could take a step or two to the right and it would lose reception…move back and it was ok.

I’m leaning towards my magnetic personality attracting some of the signal that would normally make its way to the tv……or (less likely)..the converter charger creates some sort of magnetic field inside the trailer that causes mayhem and turmoil
Old 05-28-2023, 06:15 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Or the voltage regulator circuits in the LED lights create interference, and when you move around inside the trailer, you may be blocking that interference from reaching the TV.

Often, just switching the "nearby overhead LED light fixture" with one from the other end of the trailer will move the "offending LED light" away from the television.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:56 AM   #13
GlasNav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiacs View Post
Anyone have any success pairing their firestick with their Summit TV? It's not on their list of manufacturers. I have all the buttons working except mute and that's sometimes my favorite button!

Select Hisense and it will work.

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 08:27 AM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
It definitely had an effect on the reception when i moved around …i could take a step or two to the right and it would lose reception…move back and it was ok.

I’m leaning towards my magnetic personality attracting some of the signal that would normally make its way to the tv……or (less likely)..the converter charger creates some sort of magnetic field inside the trailer that causes mayhem and turmoil
. Maybe it's just tired of YouTube? But seriously, I had one led light bulb in a fixture over the dinette that would wipe out the TV when using the antenna. When it happened we were in a "marginal" area of reception.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 08:41 AM   #15
GlasNav

On one of the new vessels I worked on a couple of years ago, in an effort to be glitzy and not simply installing conventional lighting on the bridge, the project manger took it on his own to have multicolored dimmable LEDs installed in the overhead as well. Looked real cool! But, as we were trying to figure out what was interfering with our VHF comms we discovered that it was the LED system, turning the knob to adjust the LEDs caused different radio interference patterns. Mind you this was aboard a commercial vessel with all sorts of FCC and USCG approved and licensed electronic communication equipment. Needless to say we gutted the glitzy LEDs and notified the other vessels of the same class.

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 11:08 AM   #16
jasin1

Well it seems the consensus is led lights causing interference…found where you could test with a portable vhf radio..i have a small one for the dinghy so will try it in the camper….I am leaning towards my pleasant demeanor and charm though because according to my Grandmother i was “special…although she always had a concerned look and hugged me afterwords..
Old 05-28-2023, 12:44 PM   #17
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Well it seems the consensus is led lights causing interference…found where you could test with a portable vhf radio..i have a small one for the dinghy so will try it in the camper….I am leaning towards my pleasant demeanor and charm though because according to my Grandmother i was “special…although she always had a concerned look and hugged me afterwords..
Brian, did she say you were so bright folks needed to call you Sunny?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:14 AM   #18
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Brian, did she say you were so bright folks needed to call you Sunny?
Never heard that one but i was a handful at times