Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Lost

Old orchard campground MI

Does anyone go to Old Orchard campground in Michigan?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
Devildogmom

Question Old Orchard?

I never heard of that one. Where is it?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildogmom View Post
I never heard of that one. Where is it?
Oscoda MI
www.oldorchardpark.com
We have stayed there the last 5 years and love it. It's on the AuSable River on Foote pond. The fishing is great there.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

It is about 50 miles from our house, but we haven't been there yet. It seems that there's about as many "interesting" campgrounds to visit as there are miles to Old Orchard Campground. Sooner or later, if we live long enough, we'll sit there a spell too. Just north of there, in Mio, are a couple of really excellent campgrounds on the AuSable. Canoe rentals, fly fishing schools and guide service. The "purist fisherman's dream" they say..... No, haven't camped there either, we still are about 20 miles further north and just haven't found a way to get past the other campgrounds yet LOL

This part of Michigan is literally "chock full" of state forest campgrounds, private campgrounds, state park campgrounds, all of which offer something unique for those looking for something special. Whether it's a perch fishing trip, a steelhead trip, walks along the shoreline of Lake Huron or one of the smaller inland lakes, boating, crafting, or just getting away from the hustle of the city. We literally live in the middle of where "everybody wants to escape to" and have found that there's so much to do, we just don't have time to do it all.....

I know, I know, sounds like a tourism commercial, but from Oscoda north to the Mackinaw bridge, it's a virtual outdoors recreation paradise. Come on up and join in. During the summer that is.... Since this morning at 6am, we've had about 7" of heavy white stuff on the ground with another 10 predicted by tomorrow afternoon/evening.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #5
Devildogmom

Smile Up North Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It is about 50 miles from our house, but we haven't been there yet. It seems that there's about as many "interesting" campgrounds to visit as there are miles to Old Orchard Campground. Sooner or later, if we live long enough, we'll sit there a spell too. Just north of there, in Mio, are a couple of really excellent campgrounds on the AuSable. Canoe rentals, fly fishing schools and guide service. The "purist fisherman's dream" they say..... No, haven't camped there either, we still are about 20 miles further north and just haven't found a way to get past the other campgrounds yet LOL

This part of Michigan is literally "chock full" of state forest campgrounds, private campgrounds, state park campgrounds, all of which offer something unique for those looking for something special. Whether it's a perch fishing trip, a steelhead trip, walks along the shoreline of Lake Huron or one of the smaller inland lakes, boating, crafting, or just getting away from the hustle of the city. We literally live in the middle of where "everybody wants to escape to" and have found that there's so much to do, we just don't have time to do it all.....

I know, I know, sounds like a tourism commercial, but from Oscoda north to the Mackinaw bridge, it's a virtual outdoors recreation paradise. Come on up and join in. During the summer that is.... Since this morning at 6am, we've had about 7" of heavy white stuff on the ground with another 10 predicted by tomorrow afternoon/evening.
We like to stay at Hartwick Pines on our way to the U.P. Lots to do there.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
mikell

I have a cabin in McKineley on the river. Anywhere in the Huron National Forest you can camp by just getting a permit in Mio at the office right on M-33. A few places left to camp within walking distance to the river but it's pretty much blocked off. If the Feds could get their way nobody would get near it. They try to dorce people out of their cabins and property but luckly the courts backed people like me up
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
hitchikerman

I have camped there quite often back in the 70's. It's a rather large campground but it's been awhile since we have been there. Of what I can tell of the map they added lots. The Ausable river is great for fishing if your into that and there some nice hiking trails in the Huron National forest area. Be sure to visit Lumberman's Monument if your in the area.
hitchikerman is offline   Reply With Quote