Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
turbopilot51

Finally heading out today!

The dw and I have been busy with life that we have put off camping this fall. The weather here in the NW has been perfect for the past few months for camping. Now that we have a chance to get away, you guessed it the rains are coming back! We are still gong even if we have to do the backstroke. There is nothing like camping at the beach hearing the rain pound on the rv and sitting by our electric fireplace!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

I am with you only turn off the cell phone! have fun be safe
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
dandjh1958

We are taking our maiden voyage this weekend in the rain!! We are cheating by getting a pull through spot until I can learn to back this bigger trailer but I'm really excited to get set up and listen to the rain!!
One question- do we have to make sure the awning is dry before we pack up on Sunday?
Our experience is with a Pop-up and I know how to make sure she's completely dry before storing but I don't know if I need to dry the awning on the TT before storing.

Have a wonderful weekend camping at the coast. One of my favorite places (my hubby is less excited about the coast.... he's a high mountain lake fisherman!)

Happy Camping
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
turbopilot51

Yep, it's raining like we thought. More rain in one day than we have had in three months. There is a break today then the real rain begins tomorrow!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
fla-gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandjh1958 View Post
We are taking our maiden voyage this weekend in the rain!! We are cheating by getting a pull through spot until I can learn to back this bigger trailer but I'm really excited to get set up and listen to the rain!!
One question- do we have to make sure the awning is dry before we pack up on Sunday?
Our experience is with a Pop-up and I know how to make sure she's completely dry before storing but I don't know if I need to dry the awning on the TT before storing.

Have a wonderful weekend camping at the coast. One of my favorite places (my hubby is less excited about the coast.... he's a high mountain lake fisherman!)

Happy Camping
Not necessary, water will intrude on it's own when rolled up anyway. You will have to clean the mildew from time to time though.