Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #81
Festus2
Site Team

smiller -
You are absolutely right - owning and maintaining an RV is a huge responsibility that involves considerable cost, effort and time. Your advice is sound ----"better to go into all things like this with eyes wide open". I would hope that anyone who is considering venturing into RV ownership would pay attention to what you and Jim are saying.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:16 AM   #82
Ruffus

Smile Sorry

I'm sorry if i offended anyone, I'm better today just sometimes the gripping gets to me. Have a great day cuz I'm going to.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #83
azlee56

I am happy a few posted to say how happy they are with their keystone. I was holding my breath. I don't want this one to fall apart like the old wilderness did. I know it will have its problems cause they get shook and they age (just like me). I really love our new one, even in the problems. I just hope it never is the frame!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #84
wgbike

We are happy with our 2011 fuzion 322 toyhauler. That said the warrentee service from the selling dealer sucked to say the least. We finally took our issue to camping world who fixed the problem. I do expect and have corrected several small issues. That is just part of the "fun" of owning an RV.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #85
phenrichs

Wow this is an old post but I gotta say that I would not be scared of the brand as much as the dealer. I wouldn't want to deal with someone that refuses to work on something. My dealer proved how great they are the day we bought ours. We didn't notice it during the walkthrough but as soon as we had it home parked in sunshine we noticed delamination on the back wall. I called the dealer and the service manager came to my house took pictures, contacted Keystone, and filed the warranty paperwork, and ordered the entire new back wall before even contacting me to confirm the issue. A couple weeks later they called to say the parts were in, I dropped it off and two days later it was done and it is beautiful. It isn't always the manufacturer that is the problem.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #86
Jim & Kay

Thumbs up We're still Happy Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgb1 View Post
Count me in as another that loves their Keystone product. We have had no issues in 1 year of ownership. Quite frankly, after visiting a few RV shows and looking at hundreds of TT's, I didn't see an overabundance of quality in any of them regardless of brand. Forums oftentimes are kinda like nightly news. You hear very little good and mostly bad when it comes to happiness of RV ownership. People like to vent. Most folks just aren't too inclined to post numerous times about something they are satisfied with or have no issues with.
Purchased our 2012 Cougar HC 5er in Michigan in January, not planning to return for small warranty repair. My DH is very handy and can handle any small jobs himself. I do sympathize with those having major issues because it is not an easy thing to deal with. But up to now we have had very minor issues and most of those were cosmetic, so we are very happy Keystone owners.

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU
Jim, Kay, & Our Furry Kids
2012 Cougar HC 5er 291RLS aka "Rt 66 B&B"
2008 Toyota Tundra aka "The Hoss" 4X4 Limited DC 5.7 L
6 S Tranny w/TowHaul 4.30 RG 20" tires
Firestone Airbags w/compressor
16K Superglide hitch

Lovers of Route 66
Old 05-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #87
jje1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwocents View Post
I've been looking at upgrading my Jayco TT and have had my eye on the Keystones for about a year now. I've delayed making a purchase for a ton of reasons, but mostly because I struggled with deciding on staying with the TT or moving to a 5th. And, my Jayco TT has given me zero problems making it even more difficult to make a move.

Anyway, while having the Jayco inspected I mentioned to the guys that I was looking at a Keystone. They shook their heads and said I was in for a maintenance nightmare and that if I purchased a Keystone they wouldn't work on it because they refused to deal with Keystone support.

Between what they said, and what I'm seeing on this site, I've sworn off buying a Keystone. I'm just glad I found you guys and that everyone has been so forthcoming with their complaints. I believe it has saved me from making a very large and expensive mistake.

Sooooooo, I'm leaning towards a Fleetwood Prowler TT now and Keystone is totally out of the running. Thanks to all that contributed.
Can't believe this senseless post has gone on this long. If you don't like Keystone, move elsewhere, like a Fleetwood forum. Jeez, we are a pretty happy lot owning Keystone, I am at least. What an awesome unit for a reasonable price, that's what I've found with Keystone.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #88
Festus2
Site Team

Almost 4 years and 9 pages ago...

On September 2nd, 2008 the OP, mytwocents, stated that he had "sworn off Keystone" and that "Keystone is out of the running" and would instead be likely purchasing a Jayco. Since his first and only post nearly 4 years ago, we have not heard from him and there have been several pages of subsequent posts most of which indicate that members are quite satisfied with their Keystone.

In view of the fact that mytwocents has not taken part in the discussion other than his one and only post to tell everyone that he was not happy with Keystone and that there have been 9 pages of input, it seems like an appropriate time to close this thread.

Thank you to all who took the time to contribute.
Closed Thread