Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
smeagher

Everest Falling Apart

Hello Everest owners,

I am about ready to head down a rocky road. I am not sure how it is going to end up and need all the help I can get.

We have a 2008 Everest 344J. It is 4 years old. We noticed that the panels in the closet where starting to move and come apart. We also noticed that the outside trim around the front sides of the trailer seemed to have a gap when connected to the truck and the gap went away when it was not on the truck. I have heard of a few people out there having structure issues on Everest. Looks like I may be part of that group.

I called Keystone and explained what was going on. They asked me to take it to an approved dealer and get a weight certificate for the trailer to give to the dealer. I have done that and trailer is at dealer now. If you remember my post for September our water tank fell off. Not sure if these issues some how are related.

Talked to dealer today and the news is not good. They say something is going on and they have seen at least one broken weld. When they hook up to a truck all the panels in the closet buckle. When put back down on the ground panels go back to normal. The dealer says there is something serious going on and things are moving that should not be moving. They have submitted their findings to Keystone. I am waiting to see what the next steps are. We have an extended warranty with Good Sam. Not sure if this will be covered by Keystone or extended warranty.

I hope I am not left with a trailer that can not be fixed. I hope Keystone steps up to the plate and does the right thing. They did do the right thing when the water tank came off and I sure hope they do the same again. I have not lost faith in Keystone yet, but I sure am being tested. I don't feel safe towing this rig at this point.

How many of you have had issues likes this and can help guild me through this situation?
What did you do to resolve them?
Did Keystone cover the repairs?

Any information you can send me would be great. I hope I don't have a fight on my hands. Keystone has been a stand up company to date with me and I hope they continue to be.

Very said Everest Owner.................
smeagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Sorry to hear about your structural problem and I hope that you can work out something with Keystone to get it resolved. I assume that you are still waiting to hear back from them ---- how long has it been since the dealer forwarded their findings to Keystone?
In regards to your extended warranty with Good Sam, you should go through the sections of "what is included" and the "exclusions" to see if the damage or repairs might be covered by their warranty.
Let us know what Keystone will or will not be doing for you. Best of luck.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
laidback

Had the same problem with a 2008 sprinter 38 ft 5vr. End result was that the frame was flexing. Dealer tried 2 repairs then they sent a rep from lippert who tried didn't work. End result was they replaced the unit and took the old one back. keystone was real good about it. It took a total of 6 weeks which to me was really pretty quick for that kind of an outcome. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
bearandjake

Reply to everest falling apart

HELLO smeagher,
I have a 2007/344J Everset Fifth wheel.i have no such problems with my unit,we've been full timers in Canada since 2006.But I would just like to give you some good advice,hope you do it. Please for you own sake whenever dealing with anything that could result into a lawsuit,keep a journal or start one asap on all the problems.

Keep names,dates,times and note of conversation at time.Also take lots of pics,before,during and after. Please don't be scared to ask dealer or representive
his or her name,when talking to them,also ask for last name.You have to dot all
your i's and cross your t's.Have this for your records,just in case this becomes a
lawsuit.Hope your problems get solved peacefully.If they (Keystone)decide to repair your unit,please keep photos and ask for unit to be recertified safe.

Didn't want to scare you,but this is a very serious concern to all of us
keystone owners.These units are all over Canada and USA.

Good luck,please keep us all posted,Blair.
2005 3500 DODGE RAM 5.9 CUMMINS DIESEL,
6 SPEED MAN TRANS,CUMMINS JAKE BRAKE.
REESE 16K SLIDER HITCH,DOUBLE PIVOT,
INSTALLED IN 6FT BOX 4X4.

1-CHOCOLATE LAB/RETRIEVER & 1 GOLDEN LAB/
RETRIEVER/LOVING DOGS.
bearandjake is offline   Reply With Quote