Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
albertr

Max Brake Controller

I have read some good things about this controller. Not real happy with the Prodigy 2. Any users of the Max Brake here? Thanks...Al
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
rjsurfer

If I go ahead with my disc brake conversion I'm ditching my Prodigy and going with a Maxbrake controller, I never liked my P-2 always find that I need to keep re-adjusting it.

Maxbrake system just seems to make sense to me, no need for accelerometers, angle detectors or boost systems built into these Prodigy controllers.

The harder you press the brake peddle the more voltage to the brakes, KISS principle in action.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Paddler

I'm really surprised to read complaints about the Prodigy brake controller. I've been using a Prodigy for 5 years to safely stop 2 different trailers, with 3 different tow vehicles and now a 5th wheel. I can only surmise they changed something from the original to the P2. My Prodigy was always, set it and forget it, worked flawless.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
Senor

Al, I have had a Maxbrake for about three years and there are no other controlers that are even close. I regularly haul 14000# of hay into and out of the mtns here in So. Colo and it is easy to forget that you are pulling a trailer. I am old enough to remember when all good controlers were tapped into the hydraulic brake lines before ABS systems. P.S. i could not find a Brakesmart for less than $349. Gary
Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
Dutch & Di

Count us in as happy Max Brake Controller users. We've been extremely satisfied with it for over 3 years of fulltime use. Hugs, Di