Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #1
jdixon980

Which satellite is better?

Have been on the fence for 6 months on buying a satellite. Been looking at Winegard Pathway X2 and Playmaker Dual for Dish network. Is the X2 much better than Playmaker? Does anybody have any experience with both by chance? X2 bundle is in range $500. Playmaker Dual is less. Hate to spend extra money if unnecessary.
jdixon980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
ajk170

jdixon980- We have the X2 and have had for a little over 2 years. I love it and we now have Dish in the house so it makes it a little easier when we take the camper out. I haven't had the other system but my in-laws full time and have had a lot of different systems and both Dish and Direct and they have the X2 (due to us selling them on it) and they seem OK with it. Everytime they set-up thier system we seem to get a call tellng us how much the X2 sucks in finding the satellites (I don't feel that it's that bad) but they like Dish's support better. They also use to have the playmaker but I've never heard them compare the X2, other than on set-up and how hard it is to lock in satellites. I also think they have unrealistic expectations about electronics, but that's another story.

From my experience with the the X2, I had some issues with getting it to find satellites when I put it on the ground, but now I climb up on hte roof and put it up there and have not had issues with it finding satellites or with winds moving it. I like that the X2 can find both eastern and western satellites - not sure if the Playmaker can do that. I also like that Dish will move your settings to wherever you are so you can get the local channels, but you do have to call dish, the system can't seem to do that on its own. Again, not sure if Direct or the playmaker can do that either.

Over all, very happy with the X2 but my family seems to think that it can take a long time to find the satellites (apparently hours). Hope this helps!

-Andy
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite