Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #1
GHahn

Another 3rd A/C Question

I have a 2018 Fuzion 371 (Does not have Omni Chill) My question is if I install the 3rd A/C with optional heating element will the thermostat recognize it as another zone for heating? Also when installing the new unit is there anything that needs to be done for the thermostat and power management to recognize it?
GHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
42FOUNTAIN

Add on heat strips in Dometic AC units

I just purchased my 357 Fuzion that came with the "Monster Package" it was listed as having electric heat in the 3rd AC in the toy hauler section. Upon picking it up during the walk through the "Heat" indicator did not show up in Zone 3 on the controller. The dealer checked the electric heat add on package had been left off. They installed the heat strip in zone 3 and after flipping the "dip switch" it now shows up as heat on the control panel in the center living space. The furnace duct going to the toy hauler section was found to be kinked which the dealer also fixed. We then had the dealer ad a heat strip in the bedroom AC unit which had to have a different cover added on the inside that hung down lower to accommodate the heat package. All three of our AC units on the roof are made by Dometic. We wanted the electric heat to keep from burning up additional propane by the furnace on cool days. Hope this helps out.
42FOUNTAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
GHahn

Thanks for the reply. Looking for something to take the edge off on those fall Michigan nights. Didn't like running a space heater with the grandkids back there.
GHahn is offline   Reply With Quote