Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #21
rhagfo

I use both also, gas setting slightly lower than electric so that the electric keeps the water at temp, and Gas boost the heating capacity.

Did this with a 6 gal tank and three of us took showers one after another.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
surfbeetle

I have used both with no issues. Last summer I was using both and noticed that like the OP, the propane wasn't working. Since we were in a full hookup site, I made sure the switch was off and investigate when I got home. I have a bunkhouse so access to the water heater is easy, just remove the screws holding the wood panel by the bunk and remove the panel. I was surprised to see the control board for the heater was laying in the compartment with the some wires disconnected. It must have bounced around loosely and eventually wires got loose. I connected the wires back up and successfully fired the water heater. I used some 3M double stick tape and stuck the board up on the side panel and closed up the panel. No issues since.

I only hope that the shop that the original poster went to was honest and it was in fact a bad board.
surfbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote