Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #41
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1228 View Post
That is no true. I sell Keystone, Forest River and several other company's RV's and none of them pay for the PDI in any shape or form. There is no rebate. The dealer pays the pdi expense which really means the retail owner pays it in their final out the door price.
If that is true, then many dealers ar stealing from their customers by charging for and not delivering trailers in proper working order. Hopefully you aren't one of those dealers.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #42
dfb
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1228 View Post
Again, I am a dealer and this is incorrect. NO factory pays the dealer for PDI.
No, it's included in the price so the buyer pays it. But the factory does pay for warranty work.. So far over 2000 in warranty. Paint, awning, black wTer handle, refer doors, . I told the dealer to get that crap thetford toilet out and put in a dometic... I PAID FOR THAT,...no more toilet problems!
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #43
BSHGTO

yep

One should not have to grease the toilet seal to make it work. I took my toilet out and put in the Dometic. This will all change when the Japanese sees enough money in building campers. Then what will I do with the flag I hang on the back by my Japanese generators?
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:32 PM   #44
mark1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Responsible dealerships do just what you indicate. Unfortunately, there are some dealerships that simply don't. They, I believe, are the ones that most of the "horror stories" or "persistent complaints" come from. We've had reports from "angry purchasers" about Keystone's negligence, when more times than not, it's the dealership completely falling on their face when it comes to doing what is expected "before the sale".... Here's some examples:

1) My refrigerator wasn't working. Fix: Plugged it in.
2) My air conditioner wouldn't run. Fix: Attached thermostat wires inside the A/C.
3) Sink drain leaks. Fix: connected the sink drain, the plumbing was not connected.
4) No hot water. Fix: Turned the winterization valve to get water into the W/H, installed the anode rod and filled the water heater.
5) Awning would not extend. Fix: Connected wires to back of switch at control panel.
6) Kitchen flooded when I turned on the water pump. Fix: Connected the hot AND cold water supply lines to the faucet. Both were not connected.
7) No hot water at kitchen sink. Fix: Repaired kinked supply line.
8) No brakes. Fix: Wiring at all 4 wheels was not connected.
9) Microwave won't work. Fix: Removed from mount and plugged it in.

The list goes on and on. Every one of these is a "red flag" and begs the question: Did the dealer even unlock the door before delivery?" They all "should have" been identified by and corrected by the dealer BEFORE delivery. It speaks volumes when a new member posts here that he has problems like these and his dealer says, "Keystone won't approve the repair." They are angry and warn us, who already own Keystone products, that we should not buy a Keystone because they won't stand behind their product. Really ??? Their dealership fails them, they blame Keystone and tell us we're "somehow at fault" because we bought defective products from an irresponsible company (which just happens to be the biggest manufacturer of RV's in America) ???

I think (just my opinion) that there are issues at the factory, issues at the dealership and yes, issues with the consumer. When I read a "first time post" about how terrible Keystone is, 9 times out of 10, as I get deeper into the complaint, it becomes obvious that the dealership didn't do a PDI, or just a superficial "plug it in and turn on the TV, show the new owner the bells and whistles PDI" and sent him on his way.

There are quality dealerships, places where the customer's satisfaction is "the most important aspect" of the business. I've seldom read about issues with these dealerships and I think that's what drives the "over 90% satisfaction rate" on the "ancient poll" about Keystone satisfaction that was done on this forum back in 2011-2012. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...highlight=poll

Sure, Keystone builds trailers with problems. In the above list of issues, the problem in some situations, "originated" with Keystone (on the assembly line), while others are a direct result of the dealership not servicing the unit before delivery. Every manufacturer has "issues" with less than perfection. The "rub" (I think) comes from a dealer "short-cutting" the repair or a customer wanting "something fixed now" which leads to a "bandaid fix" rather than fixing it correctly. In many of those situations, Keystone isn't even involved, yet "they're the bad guy" because their name is on the trailer..... Too often, we forget there's another name on it, usually under a tail light and/or by the main door. It's the dealer's logo. In almost every situation, they have a bigger stake in the customer's continued satisfaction than Keystone ever will......
I totally agree with you the dealer should have caught all that, however don't excuse the RV manufacturer for shipping your unit with that list of problems because in my view that is inexcusable.
mark1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:35 PM   #45
mark1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
No, it's included in the price so the buyer pays it. But the factory does pay for warranty work.. So far over 2000 in warranty. Paint, awning, black wTer handle, refer doors, . I told the dealer to get that crap thetford toilet out and put in a dometic... I PAID FOR THAT,...no more toilet problems!

Exactly. And of interest I just had a customer pay us to remove a Dometic toilet and put in a Thetford!
mark1228 is offline   Reply With Quote