Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
Jmpslfl

Slide out stuck open-Help

We have a 2002 Keystone Montana 5th wheel with a bedroom slide and main cabin super slide. The Dewald Hydralic pump makes a weak sound but no slide movement. The manual override crank is not working. We cant move the trailer to take it to the shop so we paid for a service tech to come to our house. He said we needed to replace the Hydralic pump. We saved for two months and paid $800 for a power gear replacement pump. We refilled the tank and disconnected the oil lines to ensure oil flow which was good. We replaced the solenoid a and removed any air in line by disconnected the lines at the slide and oil runs free. We are at a loss and extremely frustrated.any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Jmpslfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You probably have an issue with the hydraulic rams that control movement. O-rings in the actuators are a likely cause of your problems. Any farm tractor dealership has the expertise and the parts to repair your trailer. A hydraulic system is a hydraulic system whether it's on an RV, a heavy duty earth mover, a tractor or a sophisticated bridge lift system.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:02 AM   #3
DMK

If you are unable to move slide with manual override I would suspect either an air leak or maybe a blocker valve not closing not allowing the fluid to flow correctly. In my opinion the tech should have known if the manual override wasn't working that pump replacement wouldn't correct the entire problem!

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

A stated by DMK, I had experienced a neighbor with a Class A and a stuck front leveler which could not be moved manually. If I recall they determined it was a valve a that was stopping manual operation. Also agree that I would have expected the mobile to know more thereby, preventing you from spending money for a part not needed.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #5
Jmpslfl

Appreciate the feedback. Looking back I should have known if it didn't operate manually, the motor would not be the first thing to replace. Of course the motor is non returnable/non refundable. We will try to locate the values as referenced and check if there is an issue there. Thanks again.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:19 AM   #6
C1v1leng

Stuck

Check your battery. I had the same problem and the battery was dry from being plugged in for an extended period. The converter didn't have enough power to run the pump and valves. After replacing lots of unnecessary parts, I jumped the battery and off we went.
C1v1leng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #7
Jmpslfl

Thanks for the replies. We will check the battery. We have always had the RV plugged into the house power so we did not think it was using the battery but we will ck. We checked for values as suffered but don't find any. The sys on the trailer only has one switch for both slides, we can't choose which slide to en/close, they open/close in order.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #8
Jmpslfl

Any ideas how we can get the bedroom and living room slides closed bypassing the Hydralic pump and manual crank? Neither are working and we need to take the 5th wheel to the dealer.

Tags
keystone, montana, slide out