Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
mikeseereiter

hydraulic automatic leveling system

Have a 2012 Alpine ... purchased the automatic leveling ... so far RV has been in shop for repairs on the system two times!!! Two different jacks! Both times we noticed leaking hydraulic fluid on jacks and pooling in the shoe. Now here with RV on vacations and again we notice yet another fluid leak on a different jack ... we are now out of warranty ... Anybody out there with same problem?
mikeseereiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
tdawg

I would call Lippert customer service if you pm me I can give the techs name and direct phone number to you he helped me on my level up system.
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
mikeseereiter

level up system

Yes ... please ... can we have the name of the tech and his phone number.
(what's pm mean?)

Mike
Old 05-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Ron

I had a Jack replaced under warranty, keep on Keystone, it is a know problem for them to leak. If you do not get satisfaction out of Keystone, call Lippert as mentioned above and see what they will do. When my trailer goes out of warranty and no one will take care of me with a leaking jack, I checked into a repair kit, they say no such thing, bull I say how did they build the damm thing in the first place, with parts, duh. I deal with hydraulics every day in my business so I will be pulling one apart and im sure I can find the parts to rebuild one at a local supply house....good luck and keep us posted what is happening.....
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
labs4life

(what's pm mean?)

Mike[/QUOTE]

PM means private message. If you go to that users page, you will see the send message tab. Click there and type away. You and he/she will be the only one's allowed to see it.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
CraigB

leaking leveler

Brand new unit. Leveler leaks and was told to run it up and down a bunch of times. So far, still leaks. My problem is I'm a 100 miles from no where and I can't take it "in". Any ideas?
CraigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Ron

Unfortunatly Keystone will want you to take it to a dealer to have the jack replaced, it will not stop leaking on its own usually by running it in and out. Is it leaking from the seal at the bottom of the jack or the fittings on top, you may want to take a close look at it...good luck
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
SoGaDually

Run your hand on the Black Body Part of the Hyd Cylinder which is bolted to the frame to see if it's has oil residue on it. If it does then check up towards the top on the jack up where the Hyd Hoses connect you find a small Allen Head Plug. I believe it takes a 3/16" Allen Wrench. Check the plugs and make sure they are tight. Sometimes the plugs are not fully tight and Hyd Fluid will weep passed the plug. You can take the plug out and re-seal it if you want to..It's very simple to do
"Still Tree Hugger Friendly"
https://i653.photobucket.com/albums/u...46290d167a.jpg
SoGaDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
mikeseereiter

50% failure rate on hydraulics

Thanks everyone ... sleepless nights on this one ... so far we have a 50% failure rate on the jacks ... talked with dealer and he said he will try to get rest replaced under warranty even though we are 3 months out ... he is going to try with lippert or keystone ...
we are talking with keystone as well ... so far we think that the dealer is dealing with lippert since keystone has no knowledge of problem ...
We'll keep posting ... Really concerned on this because kindof know about hydraulics as well and the things we hear from the dealer's tech guys shows that they don't!

Mike