Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
Bigrig E

satellite cable connections

I know this has been talked about but I haven't found the exact info on it.I have a 2007 Laredo 32rs 5th wheel I don't understand how to hook up cable . i was camping and the non satellite jack alowed me to get a grainy reception in the bedroom.I have direc tv and would like to use that in the bedroom only. can anybody tell me exactly how this entire system is works? cable ,ant, sat.It does not say anything helpful in the owners manual.
Bigrig E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Knucklehead

the sat will only look good useing the sat connection. the cable connection will work for living room and bed room. i used a splitter after the receiver box to go to main tv and ran the cable connection on the other side of the splitter to get signal to bedroom tv. this means that the main tv and bedroom tv are watching the same show. only way to have main tv and bedroom tv on different channels is to have another sat in connection in the bedroom and two recievers with a dual lnb dish. hope this helps and no to confuzing. knucklehead
1999 F350 7.3 MTans DRW 4Door 4X4 4:10 gears
2013 Raptor 297 SE
2005 Sprinter 276FWRLS
1990 Jayco 26 Special
1985 Jayco 1008 SG Popup
Knucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote