Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
airforceret

New Member - 2013 Cougar 280RLS

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm a new owner of a 2013 Cougar 280RLS. It's my first 5th wheel, but I've owned a popup, 26 ft travel trailer, and also currently have a Palomino 8801 slide in truck camper. Camping and traveling is not new to me!!! I've traveled to over 40 states since 1995 and will hopefully continue that trend with a little more luxury and amenities (albeit with the added cost of more weight). We already took it on vacation just 4 days after picking it up. It's got some issues that will need resolved under warranty, but I'm optimistic they will. The most significant was the failed control panel which caused some serious issues, but it also made for some interesting conversations during our maiden trip!!! The most talked about was having the flashlight taped to the hand rail for a porch light!!! LOL Was able to get the water pump working after one of the reboots, but took 3 days to get the hot water heater to work at the same time!!! We love our new camper though and are looking forward to getting back on the road in a couple weeks. We pull it with a 2012 Silverado 2500HD with the Duramax/Allison 6 spd auto and are quite pleased with it's performance. We averaged 12.7 mpg this first trip fully loaded. In hindsight I wish we had hit the CAT scales, but that will happen soon enough as we always weigh loaded for insurance purposes to show we typically travel within the weight limits of the truck and trailer.

Roger Scott
Mishawaka, Indiana
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
danimal

to the site and congratulations on your new trailer.
2005 Keystone Hornet 245RKS
2008 Gulf Stream Trailmaster M220
Cobia 220 Walkaround w/Yamaha 200 OX-66 Fuel injection
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar 280rls 2013