Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
GPS911

Directv receivers

We are expecting delivery very soon of our 410 LEV VELOCITY... the question at hand is, where are you to put the receivers? The small shelf area by the living room TV is no where deep enough, and the bedroom seems to have NO PLACE either...

Anyone out there have the solution to this?

Thanks
Gary
GPS911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
mr.windows1

Yes sir, the new Directv HD boxes are real small now you might have to buy some new ones or see if they will upgrade you but good luck with that. They treat the new customers like royalty and us existing ones like pond scum, I just suck it up and order them of the web, you should be able to get the regular HD box for around 99 bucks and the new ones are way smaller than the old ones! Hope this helps a little!
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
DMK

I wondered the same thing when I got my new camper. The best solution that I found was to mount my DirecTV D10 - 100 standard definition receiver on it's side and against the back wall on the left side of the TV (while looking at it). I used industrial strength velcro it stays in place and the remote still works if using from the couch. I had a roll of RG-6 cable and connectors so I made my own custom length cables to help with the fit. If you have an DirecTV HD receiver if you have the H25 receiver they make a wall bracket that you can mount there. There is also a commercial grade bracket for the HD25 that actually mounts to the back of the TV, not sure if that will work with the cantilever mount in the camper though?

I just wished that they had at least wired satellite prep to the other TV's in the camper especially the bedroom...

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
Charli

Interesting that they wire the trailer for satellite but then don't have a shelf big enough to house the receiver. Just one more example of poor design.
I looked at two options:
1. mount the receiver on top of the cabinet that is below the TV and houses the radio/DVD unit. Problem with this is I would have had to remount the TV to the wall about 4" higher so the receiver would fit. I would also have to secure it with brackets as the cabinet is too narrow for the receiver. The other issue is that whenever you walk by the receiver it would be very easy to bump into it or catch it with your hip. It also would have to be removed during travel as the slide would run into it. Not good.
2. The option I chose was to mount it to the top of the cabinet that sits above the TV. I had to secure it with brackets as the cabinet was too narrow however this was easily done. I drilled a hole through the top and bottom of the cabinet to run the cables. Works great and it sits nice and secure during travel and since it is up high its not really in your field of view and I don't even notice it. It also sits above the roof of the slide so no issues when bringing the slide in for travel.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #5
therink

I just installed a DTV HR23 700 in mine on the short shelf below the TV. It is one of the newer Non dvr HD receivers and is very small.
A few months ago I called directv and negotiated a new 2 year contract renewal and got all new equipment for the house including the genie dvr, 2 addl receivers for the house, one non dvr HD receiver for the rv, 100 allowance credit for a new rv dish tripod and $30 off each monthly bill for one year. I have been DTV customer for over 10 years and simply asked them what they would do to keep me from switching to Dish Network. It worked well for me.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #6
michol02

I mounted mine under the cabinet behind the tv.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365948182.648644.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	2797

Visit Mods album in my profile
michol02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #7
x96mnn

I put mine on the shelf under the TV. It does stick out about 5" but is stable.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
tileman

Have a fuzion 310 here and the TV is right over the door with no shelf