Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
vanfiver

Unhappy Storage Bin stripped screws?

The larger storage bin on our 2011 265RL Laredo has just come apart? I dont know what mental giant at Keystone thought that the little screws they installed on the gas hinges was going to work? Bin on the other side still has a standard lift and hook set up. Went back to my selling dealer and all they said was well "they all do that" LoL I think that is how General Motors went broke with comments like this..."They all do it" I realize this is a entry level fifth wheel but this is just wrong...
vanfiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

I know you are a new member of the forum and perhaps new to owning a Keystone RV. You should know that Keystone employs not one but several such "mental giants" in both their design and assembly departments. Hopefully, this will be the last discovery of examples of quality control you find but, like a good Boy Scout..."Be Prepared" ... for more excitement - and frustration.
Strangely enough there are a whole bunch of members here who have gone through similar issues and who are still generally satisified with Keystone and would buy another RV from them. Include me in that group. It's too hard to explain........
Welcome to "the group".
Old 07-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Johnnyfry

Problems

I agree with Festus. It ain't a house, these things vibrate like all get out. I just discovered 4 screws laying in the drip pan of the cook stove, they were the mounting screws holding the stove in.

It isn't the space shuttle either, just learn to go with the flow -- and keep a screwdriver handy!

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bin, gas hinge, screws, storage