Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2021, 03:21 PM   #1
OneIBob

Camera problems with a new Cougar 25RDS

I just got a new Cougar 25RDS and the camera will not connect when plugged in to the back of the trailer. When we came to pick up the trailer (2 hour drive), the dealership tried to connect it (Furrion Vision 7) to the trailer there is "no signal".

We went home without the trailer, and a few days later I called them and they said they fixed problem and they would deliver the trailer to my house. Which they did, but the problem is still there.

Has anyone had problems with that camera with my trailer, or does anyone have a solution.
OneIBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:26 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneIBob View Post
I just got a new Cougar 25RDS and the camera will not connect when plugged in to the back of the trailer. When we came to pick up the trailer (2 hour drive), the dealership tried to connect it (Furrion Vision 7) to the trailer there is "no signal".

We went home without the trailer, and a few days later I called them and they said they fixed problem and they would deliver the trailer to my house. Which they did, but the problem is still there.

Has anyone had problems with that camera with my trailer, or does anyone have a solution.
Do you have your parking lights on the trailer on? It’s probably wired to the rear clearance lights and won’t power up unless they are on...you may need a signal bossier as well depending on the length of your rig
Old 06-04-2021, 06:52 PM   #3
OneIBob

The wiring was done pre-wired for the Furrion Camera. They were wired to the three running lights in the top.
OneIBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:59 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneIBob View Post
The wiring was done pre-wired for the Furrion Camera. They were wired to the three running lights in the top.
If wired to the three running lights, if those lights are not turned on, there is no power to the camera. In order to turn those lights on, you'll need to plug the 7 pin connector into the tow vehicle receptacle AND turn the tow vehicle headlights on... Daytime running lights DO NOT power the trailer running lights.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:13 AM   #5
Camping family

As stated above. Your headlights have to be on in order for the camera to work. I purchased the furrion camera system for my 5th wheel. I installed them which was a breeze to do but they did not work. I messed around with them for days and finally called furrion tech support. The problem was I did not have my head light on. They were on auto that will not work. The head lights have to be turned on in order for the cameras to work. I also purchased the buster from furrion. Now no problems at all and I love the system.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:26 AM   #6
Cougar25

Agree with the replies you've received so far but I'll add one. My 2021 F-150 has to have the headlight switch in Manual On. If you have the lights in Automatic, my camera won't work.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:04 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar25 View Post
Agree with the replies you've received so far but I'll add one. My 2021 F-150 has to have the headlight switch in Manual On. If you have the lights in Automatic, my camera won't work.
That's a "new twist" that I haven't heard before....

Typically, with the headlight switch in AUTOMATIC, at dusk the headlights AND the 7 pin connection are both active (headlights and running lights turn on). There is a "limitation" however. With the switch in AUTOMATIC, during the day, if you turn on the windshield wipers (or have rain sensing wipers that turn on by themselves) only the headlights will turn on when the wipers are on and the running lights (through the 7 pin connector) do not work, so the rear camera would not work.

Is your F150 wired differently??? Every Ford truck that I've seen, when the tail lights are illuminated, the running lights also are illuminated through the 7 pin connector. The "difference" is that the running lights are apparently NOT powered by the headlights but are powered by the tail lights. So, daytime running lights (DRL) have no affect on the trailer.... Only the tow vehicle tail lights affect trailer running lights.

If your truck doesn't power the running lights with the headlight switch in AUTOMATIC, then you might want to check to see if your tail lights come on at dusk with the switch in AUTO..... Strange situation if they do and the trailer running lights don't...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:55 AM   #8
machz

My 2021 F150 has to be on manual for the lights and camera to work during the day. If I have it set to automatic during the day the DRL are on and will not power the lights. At night when I have in on automatic the lights/camera work fine because the truck turns on the normal lights.
machz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar