Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2021, 07:45 AM   #1
sonora2019

Adding water to Keystone Cougar 26RBS

Hello.

The Michigan campgrounds don't have water hookup available. I filled up my tank before we left home...it's getting empty - does anyone know how I can add water at my campsite?

Thank you
C&C
sonora2019
sonora2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:18 AM   #2
LewisB

Does your rig have a gravity fill water fitting or is it a pressure fill in conjunction with a "city water" hose fitting?

General answer to your question is:
  • Use a 5 gallon can and gravity fill either through a gravity fill port (if available) or through the tank vent fitting. The vent may be an upside down U shaped fitting - slide that fitting up to remove, remove the internal screen for access to the vent line. This will be a smaller diameter line and is not really a good way to add water, but it is possible.
  • Purchase a small tank that will fit in your tow vehicle (say 20-35 gal) and transport water to your trailer. You will either need to gravity feed this tank to the trailer or have a pump and hose to pump to the trailer. We have a "spare" water pump for the trailer that we also use as a transfer pump for this purpose.
  • Hook the trailer up and pull it to a location where a water hose is available. (You may need to dump the black and grey tanks anyway, so look for a "dump station" that also has fresh water available).
Hope that helps get you started.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, keystone, water