Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
bobbrazie

Spectrum Cell

Anyone using a Spectrum cell plan? How is it working on the road.
It is said that they use the Verizon network. I have a Verizon plan now but Spectrum advertises a $45 unlimited plan which Verizon does not.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance as always.
Bob.
bobbrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:55 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrazie View Post
Anyone using a Spectrum cell plan? How is it working on the road.
It is said that they use the Verizon network. I have a Verizon plan now but Spectrum advertises a $45 unlimited plan which Verizon does not.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance as always.
Bob.

Bob, regardless of what carrier, be REAL CAREFUL about what "unlimited" means. It usually applies to talk/text but data not so much. You may have unlimited data up to a certain threshold then they start charging more or limited your speed to 1980s speed and even looking at email is a challenge. I use Consumer Cellular; they use AT&T and T-Mobile towers and have 15 gigs of data and use my hot spot when camping where the campground wifi is poor so I can look at email and such as my business is internet based. Like Verizon, my 4LTE signal is OK some places and not so much in others; I use the AT&T towers as that works best at my home/business location.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #3
bobbrazie

Thanks for the information.
I am aware of the limitations on the unlimited data but my Verizon plan has no unlimited data and is twice the price.
I don't plan on streaming so I wouldn't think I would reach the "throttle" point anyway.
I was just wondering if anyone uses this carrier and what their experience was/is. And if the connectivity is good in their travels.
bobbrazie is offline   Reply With Quote