Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2020, 03:57 AM   #1
cubsfan123

slide out cables

A nut came off on one of the cables for the slide, the rear upper cable. I think I can reach the connector and put a new nut on but am concerned with getting everything tightened. Has anyone made this repair? Passport Grand Touring 2510rb 2015 model.
cubsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:31 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Everyone who has adjusted the cables on their slide or replaced a cable on their slide has "removed or tightened that nut" It's not a difficult process, just one requiring either "long, rubbery arms" or "a lot of dexterity with regular arms"...

The slide motor is awkward to access and even more difficult to work on because of the width of the slide. Have you removed the top fascia from the slide? There is a "medallion" in the center top that comes off to gain some access and some people find it easier to remove the entire top fascia for even better access. If you do remove it, be sure NOT to glue it back in place, as sure as you make a "permanent repair" you'll need to take it off again to fix/tighten the other cables.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #3
cubsfan123

Slide out cable

Thanks for your response. I got the screw on and the slide works ok. However, it appears to tilt down ever so slightly when extended. Does this mean I need to tighten the nut on the cable end? There is an instruction sticker on the wall in the slide but too far away from the edge for me to read. I did not take the whole fascia off as I was able to reach the part when the slide was all the way in. I can see that taking it off might make it easier to tighten the nut.

Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:44 AM   #4
cubsfan123

Slide out cable

I found a manual for the slide at https://balrvproducts.com/downloads/...ice-manual.pdf. It is for cable slide outs. Guess the information is sometimes out there if you know where to look.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:45 AM   #5
ewbldavis

I've watched my main slide roll out. The block where chain meets cable does tilt some, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:10 AM   #6
cubsfan123

Slide out cable

The tilting problem does result in the bottom bracket on the slide staying about 1-2 inches from being closed. I consulted the Bal Accu-slide customer service and they advised to jack up the fully extended slide to take all tension off the cables and start the cable adjustment process over. I think since the cable that came loose was for the bottom of the slide, I was not able to get enough tension on that cable.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:37 AM   #7
ewbldavis

Oh ok - without pic maybe it's not what I am seeing on mine then.

Update us on how it goes!

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, slide, slide out