Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
jbruere

Simple, yet handy ideas...

Just a few minor modifications/upgrades that I thought I would share. We have a 2011 Hideout 27DBS that we absolutely LOVE! There are a few things I'd like to change, but nothing major by any means. I thought I would share my little modifications for others. These are extremely simple and cheap!!

Command Hooks...I use them everywhere! I have small ones inside the door for keys. I put a few in the bathroom for shower towels. I have some under the sink for dishclothes, etc. My latest idea: we have a nice storage area under the bunks in the back of the trailer (I suppose you could do this up front as well) where we keep things like cast iron, stakes, rug, marshmallow sticks, etc. I'm going to put several rows of command hooks (2 in each row) on the outside wall to put marshmallow sticks on. This way, they are easily accessible and up off the ground. The kids will have no problem finding them!

I also put up a tension rod with a single panel curtain (matches almost perfect) from Wal-Mart across the back of the camper. I ran the rod from the small wall in front of the sink to the corner by the fridge. This will allow for a little more room for changing clothes or getting dressed out of the shower.

I purchased a few of the wire shelves from Walmart in the kitchen section to add more space to the cupboards. I definitely think men must design these camper cupboards because I just stand there and shake my head at the waste of space!! And I mean that in the nicest way possible

Like I said, these are extremely cheap and easy modifications I've made but very helpful. If anyone else has anything else like this, I would LOVE to hear them! I'm spending a week in the camper over the 4th....I'm sure I will have a ton of great ideas after that!

Happy Camping!!!
jbruere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
volvosweetie

Yes, I love those things and the picture hanging velcro ones, they are good for hanging things that you would have to make a lot of holes for. I hang pictures and such with them. I like to use the cheap 4x6 frames from walmart or some little discount places to put up family pictures from our trips. I even cut them to get more pieces for somethings. yea!!!!!

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
2000 Ford F-450 dually Crew Cab
7.3 Diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

I use two tenssion rods in the bathroom. they are high up. I put my electric r/c airplanes up there that way they are out of the way but easy to get down to go fly. the hooks i use in the storeage area to keep the chrger cables for the airplanes neat and out of the way.and i do agree men design the camper who ealse would put clear glass on the outside door that is in the bathroom and no adjustable shelves in the cabinets it's kinda like a screen door in a submarine
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote