Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #1
rwsjms

InCommand TPMS

Does anyone have this TPMS system? If so, how do you like it and what did you pay for it?
rwsjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:03 AM   #2
glendar10

I have it but not sure if I like it or not. It does work when driving and is easy to install just screw it on and you then pair it and it works. I am still learning about using it as parked I can not see tires.
glendar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:44 AM   #3
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Did a lot of research before getting a system and found that the TST system worked best for me. Here is why: tires do not need to be moving to show pressure, long battery life between charges on display module and the sensor batteries are replaceable. If something happens, the display will wake up and sound the appropriate alarm. I take the unit into the tt at night and into the house when it is parked at home. I did opt for the flow through sensors to make topping off easier. No fill, install sensor, leak some air putting it on and then finding out you need to add more. Did need to swap to sturdy valve stems but that is something they all need. This is the second trailer they are on and the system is three years old with no issues.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:47 AM   #4
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendar10 View Post
I have it but not sure if I like it or not. It does work when driving and is easy to install just screw it on and you then pair it and it works. I am still learning about using it as parked I can not see tires.
Does that mean it only works when the tires are in motion? If so, you would have to manually check them every morning before pulling out - or risk discovering a flat only after hitting the road, correct? That would make the system 50% useless to me if correct.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #5
Canonman

We use the TST 507 with the flow through sensors. We have not needed a repeater and have not had any problems. Readings are very accurate as verified with a good tire pressure gauge. Temperature readings are also accurate to the point I can tell which side of the trailer the sun is shining on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zion Cottonwoods 2018--7.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	621.9 KB
ID:	30193  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:41 AM   #6
LewisB

^^^Agree with the others. We also use the TST 507 and really like it. My previous comment was based on the fact that we actually had a flat while parked (picked up a nail while backing in to park, sat for several days) and found the flat the day before we were due to leave. Gave me a chance to repair before we headed out.

If you need to purchase something for the "iN.Command" system (which I'm not familiar with), then I would look at a tried and true system like the TST 507 system.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #7
glendar10

Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
Does that mean it only works when the tires are in motion? If so, you would have to manually check them every morning before pulling out - or risk discovering a flat only after hitting the road, correct? That would make the system 50% useless to me if correct.
I agree but did not know when I bought them and maybe I am doing something wrong. I only used them once and they seemed to work on the road but now sitting in driveway they don’t read on eather the app or the in command. ?
glendar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #8
ChuckS

Been using the TST 507 system for 7 years now with our Alpine.. didn’t need the repeater... battery life is outstanding

I like the new color monitor out now with the 507 system... should be muc( easier to see...

Excellent customer service support

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote