Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2016, 04:52 PM   #21
omextreme

This post is copied from my thread over on RV.net just to keep yall in the loop.

An update on this trailer:

Keystone denied the request to return the unit to them for repairs and the local dealer has been working on it for the past 3 months.

It is still not back in our possession, we have missed 3 delivery deadlines with the next "Promised pickup" 2 days from now. We were told it was ready on the 19th and during pickup inspection the slide failed again. This time the wall didnt crack but the roller that was the cause of the previous jam/failure bound up again. So we cancelled the 11th and the 12th (easter weekend) trip to allow another repair attempt.

I have been in constant contact with Keystone but all I am getting is seemingly shallow apologies.

During this last call the rep offered to cover the payments for the time the unit was in the shop. Once we told her that we didn't have payments she seemed at a loss for a "plan B" compensation. Not that I think an offer to cover payments is enough of a compensation anyway.

Even if they get the slide working this attempt I am really so unhappy with this unit I feel keystone still should swap us out into another camper.

Anyway, sorry for the rant!
omextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #22
dcg9381

Thanks for the update.. Hopefully, it's getting close.
I lieu of "payments" - why not a warranty extension? 90+ days in the shop is a good 25% of it's life...
For some people the payments and inability to use the unit is a real satisfaction issue.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote