Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2016, 06:14 PM   #21
Nagrompj

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitescrew77 View Post
Yes trailer usually use the same wire for both the turn signal and the brake light. To get just the turn signals, you need a diode box to only light up the side markers whenever the turn signal is flashing from the tow vehicle. On Amazon I found a taillight converter box for $21. It is the Tow Ready 118158 Taillight Converter with 2 wire systems. It gives you independent left and right turn lights, and also a brake wire light. Just don't use the brake light wire and put the turn signal wires to your new side marker turn signals. Works great.
Nice!
This would work perfectly and if someone wanted to add a third brake light it would work as well.
As I posted earlier I like the idea, but it's not high on my list. With this it adaptor it may move up the list.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #22
whitescrew77

My signals

This is a pic of the led side turn signals i put on our trailer. I put the converter box right behind the a frame hitch, hidden under the plastic undercovering of the trailer.

Since putting them on, they do work well when changing lanes on interstates in urban areas where it is 4 lanes wide or more. (Like Atlanta!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	9944  
whitescrew77 is offline   Reply With Quote