Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #1
Stuka

Thumbs down Toilet seal kit -- $100?

For real? What are these things made of, Unicorn skin soaked in fairy tears?

My toilet will not seal and hold water but $100 for some fiber'plastic discs?

http://www.trekwood.com/products/226...ealand-169246-

Stuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Try these, they are "expensive" at $17.99........

http://www.amazon.com/Dometic-385311...oilet+seal+kit

Or these at $30.99

http://www.amazon.com/Sealand-385316...KN6B6FRGMHG51Z

You can find them for less than $10 if you shop around the internet. Trekwood is a great place for "hard to find parts" but very VERY expensive for common everyday items that any RV dealership would have in their parts department...... Buyer Beware !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
Stuka

Thanks, man!
Old 03-21-2015, 04:02 AM   #4
GaryWT

Are you sure that is the issue? Sometimes the flush ball does not close all the way and you need to either pull up on the handle or adjust it to close. Just a thought.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #5
Stuka

Yes, I tried cleaning the ball and various pedal movements.

Thanks, I ordered the gasket set. Any ideas where I can find a replacement screen door? Amazon came up short on that, looking through Ebay and Googling, but so far, nada.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Screen door for your entry door? or ???

If it's the main entry door, there are several different sizes and different shapes. They are not interchangeable. If you know exactly what you need, you may find one at one of the many "RV salvage" companies. Many of them have an online presence. Some of them are listed in the "Rv suppliers and rv parts sources " thread that is located here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12986

You may find that repairing your existing screen door (depending on what is broken) would be a faster and possibly a better "fix" than trying to find a replacement.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #7
Stuka

Thanks, JR, I will have a look at that. I need a whole door, all I have now are some hinges where a door should be
Old 03-21-2015, 01:11 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Changing out the existing door for a complete new unit would be the "ideal situation" finding a used (or possibly new) screen door would work provided you can find the correct one to fit your door unit. Both of those are going to be either expensive or time consuming.

You might want to consider one of the magnetic screen door systems that have been popular to install in frequently used doorways. Here's one such option that costs less than $10:

http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Hands...n+door+curtain

We use a similar product on our garage doors during the summer to keep bugs, especially gnats and mosquitoes out of the garage when working on cars, ATV's or other equipment in the garage.

It's been my experience with older door units that trying to rebuild or replace a screen door in the RV door unit that they seldom fit or function properly after replacement. It is very difficult to find the "original factory screen door" and aftermarket doors often just don't fit properly. I've had better luck just replacing the entire door unit, both the solid door and the screen door as a unit. That does get expensive, so it may not be an option for you. In the interim, just using the above magnetic screen door will get you by until you can find the right way for you to proceed.

Good luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS

Tags
seals, toilet