Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
Bob Landry

Sewer To Water Hode Connection

Looked and couldn't find it. Seems like I have read threads on here where someone attached a garden hose to their sewer connection and then used a pump to fill the tote sitting in the bed of their truck. The purpose would be to not have to pull the blue tote around the CG to empty the grey tanks.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
Looked and couldn't find it. Seems like I have read threads on here where someone attached a garden hose to their sewer connection and then used a pump to fill the tote sitting in the bed of their truck. The purpose would be to not have to pull the blue tote around the CG to empty the grey tanks.
Bob, think this is what you are referring to. Grinder to hook onto trailer sewer output one member used to fill his blue boy he keep in back of his truck. and others have used it at home to grind and pump into their sewers

Hope this is it

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16365
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Javi

Bob, almost any small reversible 12V pump will work as long as you're only talking grey water with no solids. If there are solids involved then you might need a macerator pump like the Flojet.

But for grey water all you need to pump it into the tank in the back of your pickup and back out into the dump station is a reversible 12V pump, the adapter to hook a garden hose http://tweetys.com/terminationcap3.a...FUNo7AoddG0A4A to the 3" on the trailer and a 12V power source close enough to reach with the leads on the pump.

I use a 7 pole and connect to the pickup.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #4
Bob Landry

I don't really need a macerator because the black tank is easy enough to manage. Where I run short is grey water storage with kitchen and shower water. If I can get a sewer cap with a garden hose fitting I can run it to a pump and then to the blue tote in my truck bed. I'm not going to move anything but water and I don't want to tow that Barker tote around he CG. I'm also going to use a 120V centrifugal pump. They are a lot more reliable that the Flojets or Shurflo pumps.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 04-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
I don't really need a macerator because the black tank is easy enough to manage. Where I run short is grey water storage with kitchen and shower water. If I can get a sewer cap with a garden hose fitting I can run it to a pump and then to the blue tote in my truck bed. I'm not going to move anything but water and I don't want to tow that Barker tote around he CG. I'm also going to use a 120V centrifugal pump. They are a lot more reliable that the Flojets or Shurflo pumps.
I bought the sewer cap with the garden hose connector at Camping World in New Braunfels for about $6
Old 04-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
f6bits

X2 on the cap:
http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Produ.../dp/B0006N5RYK

The pump is the tricky part.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:17 AM   #7
Bob Landry

I was more concerned about the cap until I read this thread. The pump is actually the easy part. In the course of installing and replacing marine air conditioners, I often have to adapt different sizes of hoses. The available array of hose fittings, adapters, reducers, etc., make it an extremely easy task, and with the sewer connection always close to the service area of the CG, I can simply run an extension cord to the pedestal to power the pump. The pump can even be a cheapie fountain pump of some sort from WalMart, and since those are designed for home use, the amount of fitting and adapting should be minimal. I love it when a plan falls in place. LOL

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 04-20-2014, 05:00 AM   #8
Javi

Yep I already had a small 12V pump so I went with that and pulled everything else from my "spares" box except the sewer cap. Pretty simple solution to towing 2 mph through the campground with the "dumpette" rattling along behind.

I'd also recommend that you put together a valve attachment so you can isolate and control the flow from the sewer line. That way you don't get a splash when you connect. I built mine from spare parts but you could buy this also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F02-4350_bulk.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	5641  
Old 04-20-2014, 05:18 AM   #9
Bob Landry

I already use a shutoff valve on my sewer output when I'm in a no hook-up CG. That lets me open both grey tank valves so the tanks equalize. Otherwise the kitchen grey tank fills up before the shower tank fills. I easily get through a three day weekend with a little water conservation.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel