Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Nudels2u75

Water leaking from Underbelly

I am going to have to cut into the coraplast to try to locate a water leak....I have water dripping out over where the Red/blue drain tubes are I think this is for winterizing drain tubes, close to the water inlet compartment. Water appears to be dripping where the foam is injected, where these drain tubes drop down ...All of my hot and cold water is working inside, and I have plenty of Water Pressure....the water dripping out is cold...I also checked around the HotWater Heater but I could not detect any problems.....

My water storage tank is MT as I have never filled it up---
Nudels2u75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Roller4Tan

Check inside where the city water hook up is. Read on a forum that the connection sometimes works loose enough to leak. May be difficult to get to, I don't know your rig.
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Ron

I see in your profile that you have a Raptor 300MP, before I would cut into the underbelly, I would pull the panels off in the storage compartment and look around in there for some sort of leak. As mentioned above the city water connection inside the trailer where it hooks to the pex some times leaks. Check all conections on water heater, and all fittings as much as you can see. The leak could be several feet away where it is comming out from under the trailer and I would hate to see you cut out an area and not find the problem.........
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #4
justlkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudels2u75 View Post
I am going to have to cut into the coraplast to try to locate a water leak....I have water dripping out over where the Red/blue drain tubes are I think this is for winterizing drain tubes, close to the water inlet compartment. Water appears to be dripping where the foam is injected, where these drain tubes drop down ...All of my hot and cold water is working inside, and I have plenty of Water Pressure....the water dripping out is cold...I also checked around the HotWater Heater but I could not detect any problems.....

My water storage tank is MT as I have never filled it up---
I have a 2012 Avalanche an have the same issue. It only drips a small amount from the tubes that come out by the rear tires. It is not the fresh water tank drain. I think it is the main drain lin for the water pipes. It has only leaked twice that I know of. I live over an hour away from my dealership. Dreading taking it apart to try and find it.

2016 3500HD Silverado Duramax LTZ
2012 Keystone Avalanche 341TG (Sold)
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote