Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
E597283

Blank Tank Flush - Water all over the interior floor

So this was the second time that I used the black tank flush attachment to rinse out the tank. My Passport 2910BH is a 2011 and last year I tried this flush once with the results ending in water under the vanity and bathroom floor. For whatever reason I used it again this weekend and while on the valve side of the trailer was waiting to see water coming out tank using my clear elbow (yes valve was open). Unfortunately I never saw the water and realize…the water must be going somewhere…. and immediately shut the water off. When I came around the trailer I saw the water dripping from the wheel well near the flush attachment . Went inside and water was all over floor and running out of the bathroom and down middle of trailer towards bunkhouse. So any advice?

2011 Keystone Passport 2910BH Ltd. Edition

2007 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2 liter
E597283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
geo

E597283 -

Sounds like the dreaded "vacuum breaker valve problem" to me. This topic has many threads throughout the Forum. My advice is to use the "Search" option on the above title bar and simply search on "vacuum". These valves are found in various places, like up under the lavatory sink and accessible to buried inside a will and inaccessible. Sometimes they are damaged, sometimes have a bug lodged in them, sometimes mounted backwards, sometimes not winterize and cracked, and most times just work. Do the search, you will see.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
sandy43

Also, check your water line fittings. Had a similar problem and found the black flush fittings were rather loose. Tightened them good, dried out the wet under belly and now it's good as new. Check one of my post reference this problem, it better explains it.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
E597283

yes looks like there is a little black check valve (almost looks like a vent) that the flex tub from outside goes in and then the other side goes under the floor. Cant tell if broken, glogged or whatever. Maybe try having some one turn on water while i am inside to at least see where water is leaking from.

2011 Keystone Passport 2910BH Ltd. Edition

2007 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2 liter
E597283 is offline   Reply With Quote