Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
fireidiot

Bluetooth Receiver

Has anyone installed a bluetooth receiver for their stereo to pick up their phone or ipod? I am looking at some on Amazon.com and the reviews are not really helpful for rv use.
fireidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #2
Jim W

NO, I turn my phones off. My wife has an "I" phone and I have a low cost phone that is just a phone. When we camp we try to get away from all of the technology that is available to us. She will check her phone once a day for any important messages that are in her mail box -none. We also take an HP note book with also to check e-mail once a day and pay bills when needed. But sometimes this is off when we camp at COE parks or National forest since they do not have WIFI.
All of our children know this and we have never had any messages from them when camping.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
SAD
Permanent User Ban

I just connect my iPod / iPhone to the stereo using a minijack connector. But i have no need to have the device some distance away from the stereo such that I'd need blue tooth.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
fireidiot

I usually put my iPhone on airplane mode, but my friend has a Flagstaff that has it built into his stereo receiver. I really like the ability to play music while having the iPhone in my pocket. If there is a song you want to skip, you just hit a button. Also, not that I play my music loud, but you can adjust your volume from your iPhone/iPod as well.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
Roberson4

What bluetooth receiver are you looking at and what stereo do you have in your RV?
I have not thought about it before, but I do have a USB Bluetooth receiver laying around here somewhere. I also have an Iphone. I will try and find it and check out how it works.
This would/could work out to be a great way for the kids to have radio disney (XM) while we are camping.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2001 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch
Had
2008 Hornet Retreat 38BHDS (Good camper)
2006 Terry 320DBHS (POS)
Roberson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
fireidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberson4 View Post
What bluetooth receiver are you looking at and what stereo do you have in your RV?
I have not thought about it before, but I do have a USB Bluetooth receiver laying around here somewhere. I also have an Iphone. I will try and find it and check out how it works.
This would/could work out to be a great way for the kids to have radio disney (XM) while we are camping.
I have the Rockford Fosgate RK8500DVD in my TT. I know that I could just plug into the 3.5mm aux, but I like the idea of being able to skip songs and control volume remotely.

I am looking at two different receivers on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ce-full-site=1

And

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBrid...7899897&sr=1-5

I like the second one a little better. It seems to have more range, and it has an external receiver.