Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Lynn

Removing radio,disk,and tape player HELP!

I have a 2003 Montana the music system is shot I need to take it out. I can't figure out how the heck it is attached! I removed the bottom and the braces on both sides at the bottom (looked like that was holding the player up NOT! I have pulled on it. It won't budge. I have looked all around it can't see any braces or screws holding it. Anyone removed one?

Thanks Lynn
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I have a 2003 Montana the music system is shot I need to take it out. I can't figure out how the heck it is attached! I removed the bottom and the braces on both sides at the bottom (looked like that was holding the player up NOT! I have pulled on it. It won't budge. I have looked all around it can't see any braces or screws holding it. Anyone removed one?

Thanks Lynn
Lynn, how about posting a pic of the radio? There have been a lot of different models installed in TT's over the years and they all fasten in a bit different.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
cumminsdad08

had mine out several times. mine has four little dimple things just in from the corners, i think. just poped them out, and there is four phillips screws behind it, remove them and it just slips out.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
Lynn

where are the dimples? I'm about to take a hammer to this LOL
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
SteveC7010

Lynn, it's possible that the front panels on those units are actually covers, especially in the four corners. See if you can lift one away without breaking anything.

Like cumminsdad08 said, there are most likely screws on the left and right sides of the front panels, probably hidden behind something. Usually they'll be in the four corners, but your unit looks like it might be modular. So there may be two or four screws holding each of the three sections in place.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
kjansen

About the same as I have. The screws that hold it are in the cabinets to the
left and right of the radio towards the top just inside the frame. Quite hard to see as they are brown and almost match the color of the wood cabinet.
kjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
cumminsdad08

yea, thats quite a bit fancier then what i got. mine is a little more basic. but the first place i would look is inside the cabinets next to it, like stated before, they might have some kind of plug or "dimple" over the screws to "hide" them. so don't be afraid to "pry" off something. i would be suprised to see it being 3 seperate parts. it looks a lot like the one i have in my bedroom in the stick house.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disk, player, radio, removing, tape