Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
gumbyc

2210RB Passport solar install

My RV is a 2019 and I would like to know if anyone has installed solar panels on this model. Looking for best wiring and mounting locations. I would also like to know what the solar plug on the RV looks like. I have a small 2 pin connector on the front frame left of the propane tanks. Almost looks like a 2 pin trailer connector. If that is it, anyone know what Mfg the plug would be and ordering information ?
Thanks
Al
gumbyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Can't answer the mounting question but the plug is an SAE 2 pole plug. The wire from that may not be connected to the battery. If it's not, there will be two wires with ring terminals inside the battery box. That "solar ready" just means it has that wire. It's intended to be used with a portable or "suitcase style" panel with a built in charge controller.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
Canonman

Welcome Al,
That connector is called an SAE automotive plug. It is typically used by Zamp to connect the solar controller to the trailer batteries. If you trace the red wire back from the connector, there should be an in-line fuse on the positive side. The wire then connects to the resettable fuse where the positive lead from the battery is connected. The black wire should go to the common ground point.
This set up is made for use with a portable suitcase type solar kit. https://www.zampsolar.com/140watt-portable
Real easy to get solar set up quick. Think of this arrangement as a solar battery charger. This is the set up we use except we have a 200w panel.
Using the portable kit eliminates the need to mount anything to the roof and mess around with running wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL6263.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	29570  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport, solar