Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 12:52 PM   #21
Kidsmakeyoucrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Kidsmakeyoucrazy: You wrote: "That can be solved with a tongue scale and weight distribution in the trailer. Payload and towing capacity shouldn't be an issue." If you haven't read what folks who have actually owned a few trailers have said, just go ahead and be happy, if not safe. Good luck and God bless you!
I have read it but apparently you didn't read or understand my reply. Just got back from looking at it fresh off a trip to the beach. Tongue weight with all the stuff a family would take was 720lbs. Theoretical are meaningless. Even loaded actual is less than listed...how do you explain that...i can give you a hint if you'd like...

I'm sort of happy this devolved into a theoretical argument. Calibrated scales don't lie.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:17 PM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidsmakeyoucrazy View Post
I have read it but apparently you didn't read or understand my reply. Just got back from looking at it fresh off a trip to the beach. Tongue weight with all the stuff a family would take was 720lbs. Theoretical are meaningless. Even loaded actual is less than listed...how do you explain that...i can give you a hint if you'd like...

I'm sort of happy this devolved into a theoretical argument. Calibrated scales don't lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidsmakeyoucrazy View Post
2016 F-150 SuperCrew V8 with the towing package. 10,100# max towing capacity. 1997 max cargo, 1,100 max tongue weight. Trailer dry weight is 6069, GVWR is 7,780 and tongue is listed at 780#. I should be good as long as I don't try to haul the whole house with me. I haven't seen this model trailer locally for less than $22k used but I guess it depends on the market.
The only way for the tongue weight to be reduced when a trailer is loaded is for the weight to be distributed incorrectly. To prevent sway and other handling issues the tongue weight should be around 13% (10-15% range). So what was the trailer scale weight?
Old 08-30-2020, 01:42 PM   #23
Kidsmakeyoucrazy

Have fun making excuses for why you aren't wrong. Even fully loaded 10pct would only be 768lbs and you said yourself its 10 to 15. So do you use your guess, th manufacturer guess or an actual weight? And no im not going to run it through a scale house every time I pull out. Have fun. Im done with this. Btw actual empty is 610. He reweighted it once he emptied it out.
Old 08-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

The OP is "satisfied he has all the information he needs and the thread comments are deteriorating, so thread is being closed...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread