Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #21
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobirds38 View Post
Yes normal use, the black tank hose was on a Y connector. I would shut off the fresh water side and flush the black tank.
You may want to second think that Y connection to the black flush. Sourdough just had a very bad thing happen to his rig with a Y connection - it got turned on by a groundskeeper and the black tank overflowed into the bathroom and beyond. Brand new 5th wheel too. At least disconnect the flush hose from your TT.

I only hook up the black flush hose when I'm ready to flush.

I hang a whole house under the external floor and wall supports, short section of hose up to the inlet with a 90 degree elbow, very little weight tugging down on the elbow at the inlet. Pressure gauge is at the pedestal, set to 50.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:37 AM   #22
mj5150

We are full timers, just starting our fourth year.
Our setup is water source, hose, inline Camco filter, pressure regulator set to 40 psi, then connected to the trailer.
It took a few tries, but we found a hose (NeverKink for boat and RV) that didn't make our water taste like plastic. It cost more, and maybe it was just snake oil, but to us the water tastes fresh all the time. We have plenty of experience otherwise, as many others have as well, with the nasty plastic hose flavored water. It makes me cringe thinking about it.
I swap out the Camco filter every 6-8 months.
Sometimes I wish the water pressure was higher, but then I also know I'll run out of hot water faster, so I've adapted to what we have.

-Mike
mj5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5150 View Post
We are full timers, just starting our fourth year.
Our setup is water source, hose, inline Camco filter, pressure regulator set to 40 psi, then connected to the trailer.
It took a few tries, but we found a hose (NeverKink for boat and RV) that didn't make our water taste like plastic. It cost more, and maybe it was just snake oil, but to us the water tastes fresh all the time. We have plenty of experience otherwise, as many others have as well, with the nasty plastic hose flavored water. It makes me cringe thinking about it.
I swap out the Camco filter every 6-8 months.
Sometimes I wish the water pressure was higher, but then I also know I'll run out of hot water faster, so I've adapted to what we have.

-Mike
My only recommendation would be to attach the pressure regulator (set to 40 PSI) to the water source, then follow the rest of your setup routine. The reason for that is so the regulator will also protect that expensive hose that you use to prevent the after-taste. That will also remove a significant amount of weight that currently is "hanging on the side of the trailer"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #24
mj5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
My only recommendation would be to attach the pressure regulator (set to 40 PSI) to the water source, then follow the rest of your setup routine. The reason for that is so the regulator will also protect that expensive hose that you use to prevent the after-taste. That will also remove a significant amount of weight that currently is "hanging on the side of the trailer"....
I like that idea.
I'm going to find an elegant and simple way to ensure the regulator stays protected from the elements and doesn't freeze in the winter. The water source is mounted to a short pole and is used by the neighbors as well for watering, so we put a tee on it.

-Mike
mj5150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water