Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
JBWardFamily

Entry Step Upgrades

Hi all. We are looking to upgrade to the MORyde steps. I measured the inside of the bottom of the door at 25 1/2 inches. Do we have a 26" door or 24"? We have a 2017 Cougar XLite 33MLS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JBWardFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

There are other options. I am not a real fan of the solid steps but to each their own. Look at glow step, mite money but they simply replace the lousy factory steps.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:42 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Think about the MorRyde steps and do some investigation and see how they work in your situation.

I always wanted more stable steps; didn't want steps that folded into the doorway etc. Bought a new trailer and I have the MorRyde, inside the door steps. Love the stability; absolutely hate folding inside the door and the space they take up to deploy. We always went to work on our trailer in the enclosed storage facility and never had a problem in the past. The MorRyde? A total pain! If I park normally inside the door we can't get in. If I move the trailer far enough to one side (15' wide?) I can't work on anything other than one side.

I've only had the trailer at the storage facility for a short bit trying to deal with it but DW and I both feel we'll replace these with something more suitable and dump them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:18 PM   #4
Old Mustanger

We have the Lippert solid steps and really like them. have never had trouble with having enough room for them but I don't park it in a tight storage space. So as with a lot of things it boils down to individual circumstances and expectations.
I hope someone can address your original question.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:54 PM   #5
Bill-2020

We use the Moryde steps that clip on and off, not the folding in model. I made custom brackets that mount up and behind the skirt and attach to the OEM folding steps brackets. This allowed me to bolt the Moryde step brackets to the side of the camper below the door. The steps simply clip on and off of the camper and store away in the front cargo area. This leaves the folding steps available for when I need to get in and out in tight parking areas (fuel stops) or when stored in the back yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2057.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	28178   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3032.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	28180  
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:00 PM   #6
DDavis

Don't you love it when they want to advise without knowing anything about your needs? 5 replies and no one addresses your question. Did a search for fit charts and cannot get Morryde to open up, but did find this: http://www.tweetys.com/assets/147872...alifier_v3.pdf

Not sure that helps, but looks like the one to fit a 26" door is as narrow as they go.
DDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:10 PM   #7
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDavis View Post
Don't you love it when they want to advise without knowing anything about your needs? 5 replies and no one addresses your question. Did a search for fit charts and cannot get Morryde to open up, but did find this: http://www.tweetys.com/assets/147872...alifier_v3.pdf

Not sure that helps, but looks like the one to fit a 26" door is as narrow as they go.
don’t ‘now what his door size is, therefore can’t recommend anything that would fit in the doorway. Without being there with a tape measure in my hand I wouldn’t begin to advise him on what to buy. Simply stated what “I” did because the usual type of MoRyde steps will not work on ours. Happy that MoRyde thought of us who have unusual entries.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDavis View Post

Hmmm, "Don't you love it when they want to advise without knowing anything about your needs?" From OP: "Any help would be greatly appreciated". I read lots of posts trying to provide "any help" they could....and yes "Don't you love it" when they try to help...I do. Maybe you didn't read the original request from the OP and the responses??

Personally, there is no way I would recommend anyone spending hundreds of dollars on an entry door unless I was the one doing the measuring. Trying to interpret someone else's measurements over the internet is not "best practice" IMO.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #9
JBWardFamily

Wow, that spiraled. I'm simply asking if I have a 26" door since the inside is 25 1/2 inches? That makes sense to me, but just making sure.
JBWardFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:20 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Like my previous post said your measurements will determine what you need. That is nigh unto impossible to do for someone else halfway across the country. All things like the Morryde steps have set parameters on things like your entryway. Here is a link to Morryde and the 3 step entry steps. Note they give you all the parameters you need to determine what step you need.

https://www.morryde.com/products/stepabove-3-step/
Old 06-21-2020, 04:52 PM   #11
Northofu1

Another option

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

This was going to be my option on the previous trailer before trading. Seem much more "flexible" than the Morryde as I have now. May yet pull these off and replace with another option.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #13
MerlinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
I put these on my Cougar three years ago and I am extremely happy with them. Those rigid steps that fold up inside the door were just an absolute no go for me. I could not stop visualizing piles of dirt and/or mud (in bad weather) on the floor inside my trailer. Also, there are times when I need to get inside my trailer without deploying the steps. Can't do that with the MorRyde or LCI steps.

Everyone says, "Oh, those glow steps are so expensive!" They are also an extremely well built, rock steady, high quality product. Worth every penny in my opinion. YMMV.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #14
wiredgeorge

Just got a sale notice from PPLmotorhomes.com:

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...3-step_72.3017

These steps are similar to those mentioned but are removable.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #15
Bill-2020

That’s exactly what I have. Good price. I got mine on amazon, free shipping. I paid $280.23
Old 06-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #16
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
That’s exactly what I have. Good price. I got mine on amazon, free shipping. I paid $280.23
I think PPL offers $10 shipping on orders over a certain amount. While PPL isn't the cheapest much of the time they do have some pretty good sales and this one is for a limited time. They are in Houston so when I order it is basically next day or the day after shipping.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:54 AM   #17
ObiRich

I went to the Morride site and here's a link. If this takes you to the main step page, then go to the Technical specs and it has the different step models and the measurements. It looks like they have them.

https://www.morryde.com/products/stepabove-3-step/

PS. We have them and really like them. They came on our Hideout when we bought it.
ObiRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:43 AM   #18
Papa Don

Rv-co.com

JB , just wondering if you found what you were lookin for on the steps ? I researched several of them 2 years ago but didn’t care for any. My issue was opening the door while your standing 2 steps down. PITA for Gkids & my wife. Ran across aluminum steps with a small landing at the top. It clamps onto the top step, very sturdy and has adjustable legs. I earned serious brownie points with my wife when I surprised her with them. I have no horse in that race but they’ve got our approval! RV-co.com is who makes em Good Luck !
Papa Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:41 AM   #19
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Think about the MorRyde steps and do some investigation and see how they work in your situation.

I always wanted more stable steps; didn't want steps that folded into the doorway etc. Bought a new trailer and I have the MorRyde, inside the door steps. Love the stability; absolutely hate folding inside the door and the space they take up to deploy. We always went to work on our trailer in the enclosed storage facility and never had a problem in the past. The MorRyde? A total pain! If I park normally inside the door we can't get in. If I move the trailer far enough to one side (15' wide?) I can't work on anything other than one side.

I've only had the trailer at the storage facility for a short bit trying to deal with it but DW and I both feel we'll replace these with something more suitable and dump them.
X2! My exact experience and vote!
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:46 PM   #20
Papa Smurf 54

Torklift International GlowStep Revolution steps

We have a 2012 Keystone Sprinter 297ret, and needed new steps when the 3 step factory steps right side bracket got stress crack, and needed to be replaced. We replaced the factory 3 step unit with Torklift International GlowStep Revolution 4 step unit as recommended by Torklift International. These steps are awesome, and multiple adjustments in order to get the best results for each camp site need. If we are in need of another camper, I will hope to be able to get these Torklift International GlowStep Revolution steps for our new camper.
Papa Smurf 54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade