Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
LovinLife

Wanted: Input on Montana 3750FL

Hello All !! We are currently living in our 5er and just purchased our second unit to add more comfort. We ordered another Montana with the front living room FL3750. Just wondering if anyone out there has this model and if there are any problems we should be aware of. We are full timers but don't move around a whole lot, mostly stay in one area for a while. We are currently in a 345dbq which has a bunk house, this unit has been great but we need more "living" space instead of bedroom space. Any input would be appreciated.
LovinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
2011 keystone

Hey I cant answer you question. I just am HAPPY to see someone else from the great state of WV here. Iam sure someone here will give you all the info you need. LIVIN LARGE IN THE MOUNTAIN STATE.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

HI I JUST FOUND YOUR POST. WE DO OWEN A 2010 3750 FL. GREAT 5ER. THE ONLY ISSUE I HAD WAS THE DOOR SWITCH WAS PUT IN OFF CENTER AND RATHER THEN MOVING IN WHEN THE DOOR CLOSED THE SCREEN DOOR BENT. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE LIGHTS COMING ON WHEN I OPEN THE DOOR SO THE SWITH IS REMOVED. THE KITCHEN IS ALITTLE DARK WITH ALL THE LIGHTS ON AND THE SMOKE DETECTOR GOES OFFEVEN WITH THE EXHAUST FAN ON. THE ONLY THING WE DID WAS PUT WALL PAPER FOR WINDOWS ON THE DOOR INTO THE BATHROOM. CLEAR GLASS AND THE WIFE WILL WANT HER PRIVICEY. THE CABINETS OVER THE BED AND DINNING ROOM ARE A PITA. THEY OPEN UPWARD SO YOU NEED TO HOLD THEM UP WHILE YOU TRY TO GET STUFF OUT. OTHER THAN THAT I LOVE IT.TOWS GREAT EASY TO BACK UP. IT DOES NOT HAVE A PIPE TO STOW THE POPIE HOSE. AND IT HAS A FIXED DUMP PIPE NO SWIVEL AND NO SELF STORAGE HOSE.LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK WHEN YOU GET YOURS.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
trucker LOU

cabinet doors

my cabinet doors also opened up and had to hold them open. I moved the hinges to the side of the doors,so now they open sideways. leaves screw holes on top but hardley noticeable.
trucker LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:25 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

You can also buy spring loaded "door props" at any RV store. They attach to the side of the cabinet door and when you open the door, the prop holds it open until you close it. The prop also helps keep the door closed. They are about $5 a package (2 props) and will do 2 normal size doors.

I've found plastic ones and metal ones, If I had a choice, I'd get the metal, they seem to be more durable and less likely to bend if something gets hung between the prop and the door.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
SAABDOCTOR

Hey thanks for the prop idea leaving holes from moving the hinges will change the dw into some kinda bad person and my life will come to a quick end. Is there a part number for the props my local rv store can get them if i get him a number or the manufacture would be helpfull thanks barney
Old 11-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
Hey thanks for the prop idea leaving holes from moving the hinges will change the dw into some kinda bad person and my life will come to a quick end. Is there a part number for the props my local rv store can get them if i get him a number or the manufacture would be helpfull thanks barney
Here's the link to the props at Camping World.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-supports/8129

As I said earlier, there are plastic ones and metal ones. I bought the metal ones, they were what was standard in our Holiday Rambler, lasted years and years without breaking. I just would rather do it once and not worry about breaking them for the small difference in price.

Hope this helps...

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
KAB449

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinLife View Post
Hello All !! We are currently living in our 5er and just purchased our second unit to add more comfort. We ordered another Montana with the front living room FL3750. Just wondering if anyone out there has this model and if there are any problems we should be aware of. We are full timers but don't move around a whole lot, mostly stay in one area for a while. We are currently in a 345dbq which has a bunk house, this unit has been great but we need more "living" space instead of bedroom space. Any input would be appreciated.
I can't help you at this moment but maybe I can give you some observations shortly as I have received word that my 3750FL will be built on Monday December 5th. Planning on at least one Pa winter camping weekend when I take delivery
2011 F250 Lariat TD Crew 6.5 Box
18K Reese Elite
KAB449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
SAABDOCTOR

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE LINK I AGREE ON THE METAL ONES DO IT ONCE DO IT RIGHT. HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR! AND THAT IS COOL ABOUT DEC5TH ENJOY IT TO THE MAX BARNEY
Old 12-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #10
mhs4771

If you want to know anything about Montanas, why not join the Montana Owners Club Forum at: http://www.montanaowners.com/ There are plenty of folks there and owners of just about every Model produced. And always quick with some suggestions or answers to questions or problems.

Safe Travels,
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
SAABDOCTOR

I HAVE TRIED THREE TIMES REGISTRATION WILL NOT GO THROUGH SOME MUST KNOW ME AND HITS DELEAT HA HA HA. WILL LET THE DUST SETTLE AND TRY AGAIN THANKS.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #12
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
I HAVE TRIED THREE TIMES REGISTRATION WILL NOT GO THROUGH SOME MUST KNOW ME AND HITS DELEAT HA HA HA. WILL LET THE DUST SETTLE AND TRY AGAIN THANKS.
Barney, If you check the tutorial section of that forum you may find what the problem is. One thing that jumped out at me was. : Prior to registration make sure you have your Norton Internet Security Feature you need to disable it while you register. Norton overreacts and considers it a security threat??? After you register and activate your account you can turn it back on.
Hope this helps, Hank ............ Don't blame me for the grammer, I just copied and pasted.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #13
SAABDOCTOR

WELL I DON'T HAVE NORTO I HAVE BRAND X. BUT I WILL TRY THAT AND SEE IF THEY LET ME IN.MY PROBLEM IS I TRY TO DO THIS INBETWEEN THE PHONE CUSTOMERS AND MECHANICS ALL DAY LONG!!! RETIREMENT... WHAT A CONCEPT!. I DID ORDER THE PROP RODS FROM CAMING WORLD. AND I AM THING ABOUT THE STABILITY KIT TOO. WILL NEED TO WAIT TILL SPRING TOO FRICKIN COLD TO LAY ON MY BACK AND INSTALL THAT KIT. YEP I AM A WUSS BUT CONCREAT AT 21 DEGREES IS HARD ON OLD BONES. HAVE A GREAT DAY BARNEY
Old 12-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Barney, I'm sure you'll like the door props. We had fought cupboard doors for years, then when we bought the Holiday Rambler, they were on the doors... It was sort of a "V-8 moment" when I slapped my forehead and thought, "Wow I could have done that years ago"

When we bought the motorhome, the pickup popup and then this fifth wheel, one of the first things I did was put props on the overhead doors. Sure makes life simpler (not to mention keeping profanity out of the RV) LOL

As for your "old bones" not wantiing to lay on concrete in 21F weather, I don't blame you at all. At my "tender young age" I sometimes am reluctant to even go out in the workshop until the heater gets it above 70F

If I could talk my DW into going out to turn on the thermostat in the workshop, I'd even consider that as a perk

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #15
SAABDOCTOR

THERE HAS NOT BEEN MUCH PROPHANITY BUT THE DW SAYS EVERY TIME SHE OPENS ONE. "DEAR MONTANA" OH WELL. GOOD NEWS I GOT THE PROPS. AND I WILL FIRE UP THEFRUNACE AND INSATLL THEM THIS WEEKEND.