Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
busterbrown

What's wrong with this picture?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190929_132006.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	23873

Found this a bit amusing earlier today when I dropped off my trailer at the storage yard. Owners of this Tracer Air were unhitching it. They left about 2 minutes after getting my rig in place. I just happened to look up at their trailer and noticed a front clearance light cap missing. Thought nothing of it except for the fact that the skies were about ready to open up and drop a significant amount of rain.

Several minutes later, the owner's truck reappears and the he exits as if he forgot something. I kindly walk over and tell him that I noticed his lens cap missing. His response: "I know, lost it a while back and I was meaning to replace it". Told him I had some Gorilla tape and a ladder in my trailer if he wanted to use them to make a temporsry cover for it. He declined my offer and said he'd come back later. Explained to him that if water penetrates the opening in the front panel, expect a serious amount of destruction to the fiberglass backing and delamination. He reiterated he'd be back later for a quick cap fix. As we pulled out of the lot 10 minutes later, the torrential rains began.

All I have to say is, god bless the soul of the individual that buys that unit in the near future.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:16 PM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Attachment 23873

Found this a bit amusing earlier today when I dropped off my trailer at the storage yard. Owners of this Tracer Air were unhitching it. They left about 2 minutes after getting my rig in place. I just happened to look up at their trailer and noticed a front clearance light cap missing. Thought nothing of it except for the fact that the skies were about ready to open up and drop a significant amount of rain.

Several minutes later, the owner's truck reappears and the he exits as if he forgot something. I kindly walk over and tell him that I noticed his lens cap missing. His response: "I know, lost it a while back and I was meaning to replace it". Told him I had some Gorilla tape and a ladder in my trailer if he wanted to use them to make a temporsry cover for it. He declined my offer and said he'd come back later. Explained to him that if water penetrates the opening in the front panel, expect a serious amount of destruction to the fiberglass backing and delamination. He reiterated he'd be back later for a quick cap. As we pulled out of the lot 10 minutes later, the torrential rains began.

All I have to say is, god bless the soul of the individual that buys that unit in the near future.
He'll be on here in a few months badmouthing Keystone for their crappy QC when the front delaminates.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:12 AM   #3
rjniles

I removed all my exterior lights, caulked the wire penetrations and reinstalled lights. Frankly it is pretty chump not to have been done at the factory.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
He'll be on here in a few months badmouthing Keystone for their crappy QC when the front delaminates.
Prime Time is made by Forest River so I doubt we will see him here ... but you never know.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #5
Canonman

He probably bought the "Optional" Self Sealing Package
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:13 PM   #6
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Prime Time is made by Forest River so I doubt we will see him here ... but you never know.
So replace "here" with "there" & swap "Forest River" in place of "Keystone", now it applies to wherever he bitches about QC!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #7
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjniles View Post
I removed all my exterior lights, caulked the wire penetrations and reinstalled lights. Frankly it is pretty chump not to have been done at the factory.
That's actually a good idea. Something I'll probably do.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:17 PM   #8
German Shepherd Guy

" Told him I had some Gorilla tape and a ladder in my trailer if he wanted to use them to make a temporsry cover for it. He declined my offer and said he'd come back later. Explained to him that if water penetrates the opening in the front panel, expect a serious amount of destruction to the fiberglass backing and delamination. He reiterated he'd be back later for a quick cap fix. As we pulled out of the lot 10 minutes later, the torrential rains began."

No good deed goes unpunished.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote