Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2021, 05:20 AM   #21
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Can you link where you read that? I think it has to do with the cable inlet and water intrusion. My understanding is that it uses a microprocessor and does not have a capacitor inside.
It has both a microprocessor and a capacitor. On the newer clear cover version, you can see the cap inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	33486  
Brantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:30 AM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Thanks. I must have had a different model in my mind.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:02 AM   #23
ADQ K9

Marshall,
Are you thinking of the Flux Capacitor to make time travel possible ?
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:08 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
Marshall,
Are you thinking of the Flux Capacitor to make time travel possible ?
Could be, who knows maybe empty beer cans and banana peels wll make it n cooler!
Old 05-31-2021, 03:25 AM   #25
Cougar25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Thinking about installing or having a soft start installed on my 2019 Cougar 22RBS. Would that allow me to operate the AC on one Honda 2200 generator? Easy install? Any idea on price? Thanks
I installed the SoftStart on the main A/C of my 3 month old Cougar 25RDS. It took 30 min, and the directions provided were detailed and easy to follow. They even give you a number to call if you run into a problem. I can now run the A/C, all lights, and the 10 cu ft electric refrigerator from my Honda 2200i.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:11 AM   #26
LHaven

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm curious. Being an engineer, my first reaction to any improvement is to understand what the tradeoff is. I know that A/C manufacturers force you to remove any soft start equipment before performing warranty work. I'm interested as to what their concern is. What potential problems could soft start equipment introduce? Otherwise, I can't imagine why it isn't original equipment on all RV A/Cs.

(I know the RV manufacturer would choose the lowest-end product regardless, but does any A/C manufacturer offer an upgrade model with soft start features included?)
Old 05-31-2021, 12:50 PM   #27
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm curious. Being an engineer, my first reaction to any improvement is to understand what the tradeoff is. I know that A/C manufacturers force you to remove any soft start equipment before performing warranty work. I'm interested as to what their concern is. What potential problems could soft start equipment introduce? Otherwise, I can't imagine why it isn't original equipment on all RV A/Cs.

(I know the RV manufacturer would choose the lowest-end product regardless, but does any A/C manufacturer offer an upgrade model with soft start features included?)
Expecting an a/c mfg to honor a warranty when the electrical components have been altered to such an extent is just not realistic. That would be like expecting Ford to honor theengine warranty if you put in aftermarket pistons.

The concern? Many, to start with the testing to prove the modification doesn't cause harm. If the aftermarket company equipment damages a unit who pays to research to "prove" it was or wasn't the aftermarket component that was the cause? And with the advertised "benefit" of using a lower capacity generator, or running two units with only 30 amps available, it opens the door for folks who think "well, if it will work with a 2K watt generatoer then I'll bet my 1,200 watt unit would work". It's much easier, from a buisness perspective (and I assume a liability perspective) for a manufacturer to make a blanket statment that ANY modification will void the warranty. I don't know of any manufacturers that take a different stance on their products.

Tags
air conditioner