Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
Stircrazy

2016 330RBK button problem

I have a button on my remote control that says "light" I push the button and I hear the command center in the front storage clicking but there is no light going on or off. also in the panel in the trailer there is a switch that says "pendant light" this switch appears to do nothing also.

anyone have a clue if they control the same light, and if so what light and where is it?

thanks
Steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Re: 2016 330RBK button problem

Often times the remote will control the outside light near the entry door. First thing to check is the bulb.

Sorry gonna have to wait for someone else on the pendant light, but I suspect it's a hanging light probably near the door and again first thing is the bulb.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:19 AM   #3
TAZ23

On our 2015 Cougar 334rdb the light button on the remote activates a small light on the front cap by the hitch. The pendant light switch on our control panel is for 2 lights that hang down from the ceiling above our kitchen island. Keystone tends to use a one size fits all panel, so if you do not have these lights it is possible that is a "dead" switch.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:44 AM   #4
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ23 View Post
On our 2015 Cougar 334rdb the light button on the remote activates a small light on the front cap by the hitch. The pendant light switch on our control panel is for 2 lights that hang down from the ceiling above our kitchen island. Keystone tends to use a one size fits all panel, so if you do not have these lights it is possible that is a "dead" switch.
ok thanks

so the small light on the cap is the little round LED one that is right above the pin, that can also be turned on with a switch on the front of the trailer?

Steve
Old 10-24-2016, 05:25 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stircrazy View Post
ok thanks

so the small light on the cap is the little round LED one that is right above the pin, that can also be turned on with a switch on the front of the trailer?

Steve
On our Cougar, yes that small LED light that's over the pinbox is operated either with the switch on the front of the trailer (under the bed) or with the remote control. Remember, if you turn it on with the remote, the switch won't turn it off (until you use the remote to recycle it off)...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:21 AM   #6
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
On our Cougar, yes that small LED light that's over the pinbox is operated either with the switch on the front of the trailer (under the bed) or with the remote control. Remember, if you turn it on with the remote, the switch won't turn it off (until you use the remote to recycle it off)...
ok so I think the dealer has screwed up that trying to get it to work. do you have the "pendant" switch in your panel inside? does it do anything?

Thanks
Steve
Old 10-25-2016, 05:50 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stircrazy View Post
ok so I think the dealer has screwed up that trying to get it to work. do you have the "pendant" switch in your panel inside? does it do anything?

Thanks
Steve
No "pendant" switch, no "pendant" light and no space on our control panel or remote control panel that's marked "pendant". On our remote control that light is marked, "hitch light". There is no marking on the switch that operates it manually (located under the bed overhang on the front of the trailer).

ADDED: This is strictly a "best guess", but it's been my experience that "pendant lights" are only found in trailers with a kitchen island or with a "L" shaped kitchen countertop. The lights "hang down" on rods suspended from the ceiling and controlled by a switch on the "main control panel". I'd suppose that Keystone uses a "generic panel" that is adapted to a number of different floorplans and different models. So, it's very likely that your trailer, a 330RBKWE could share the "main control panel" with a 333MKSWE (which does have two "pendant lights" suspended over the kitchen island). The "easy way" to determine if the switch is used or "dead spaced" on your trailer is to remove the 4 screws that hold the control panel to the wall. Look at the back of that switch and see if there are wires connected to it. If there are, then do some "investigating" to determine what those wires are connected to. If there's nothing attached to the switch, then you've got your answer: Multiple models use the same "main control panel" and not all functions are used in all applications.

Good Luck !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote