Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2015, 01:38 PM   #21
BOWWOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank45 View Post
I'll let you know Monday when I get back. This will be the first pull with the new truck and B&W 3600. I will tell you this though, even breaking it down into two pieces - that base is really heavy. I've installed and removed it by myself and it's a back breaker. I have since decided its a 2 person job from here on out.
Sometimes I will use an electric hoist or a block and tackle pulley system mounted in the garage rafters to get out one or both pieces, it will save your back.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:24 PM   #22
cardinal96ss

Thanks for the comments

Thank you all for your comments. I will be ordering the companion tomorrow and put it to good use in Aug.
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #23
cardinal96ss

Installed the Companion yesterday. Took about 2 hours total. Went together easily. Yes the base unit is heavy, but I could manage it. The top unit is very easy with the two handles. I probably will be leaving it in the pickup most of the time. I haven't taken it on the road yet but I like it so far. Planning a couple thousand mile trip in 2 week, we'll see.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #24
cardinal96ss

Thank you to all for your great advice. We towed our 5-er over 3000 miles without any issue whatsoever. This hitch provides a solid and secure feeling towing experience with very little, mostly no, chucking. Also, it's very easy to hook up and detach.
We are very happy.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:31 AM   #25
old timer

I have finely been able to tow with my hitch and wow it's nice. No clunking no pushing pulling its solid for sure. Easy to use. Licking handle has to be locked in place with a pin so the jaws will always be closed it pin in handle is in place. Lots of adjustment to height and location of pin. I have mine forward towards cab and at its lowest point and I have 2 inches clearance from cab on a hard turn. Sounds close but I have had it at many different angles so far and no problem. I have the short bed no slider.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote