Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
Rdowns

Cool First Shake Down Trip....

Hi All,
We picked up our trailer last weekend, we bought a fuzion 371 from BestRv in Lodi Ca. The experience was well, with as many bad reviews that they had on the internet...it wasn't that bad. The rear awning over the garage door did not work right off the bat so they ordered us a new one....the only thing we found on the spot. Got it back to our storage and of corse in the excitement of buying the new and trading in our old 5er.... We overlooked that the it was to long for our storage spot by 3ft. Storage place surprisingly did not care. Next issue the tongue weight was just to much, even on my ram 3500 drw. So the next step... Add rear air bags!!!

Shake down:
I will never tow without airbags again!!! Very impressed with the improvement with the firestone air bags. The trailer tows very well. Only complaint is when backing up it doesn't break as fast into the turn as some of the other 5er's I have towed, but I will get used to it lol!

With a little arguing with the wife (standing behind the trailer out of sight)...we got her parked in the sight and got to setting it up. With some of the neighbors already set up, they sat and watched as I hit the auto level button and sat down and watched as I relaxed, and all I heard from the neighbor sitting and watching was......."A**hole". I felt a little guilty having this ridiculous trailer that people were envying. But It felt

Power hooked up.
Water hooked up.
No sewer hook up. Gonna put the tanks to test.
Awnings out.
Radio on.
Patio set up.
And check the fridge to see if it's cooling down....and low and behold......the fridge is out... Lights work, temp set works, modes work on the screen, but it does not cool down! So I tell my wife to give it time, 6 hours goes by, NOTHING STILL. Flip it to LP to see if a change? Heck no,overnight stayed hot, in fact the door seals and handles were all very warm to the touch like it was over heating. So we killed it after 24 hours and called the dealership. They said... Make an appointment to bring it in and we will fix it. I thought to myself... Good! When's the next available appointment? June 6th!!!! ....Wow ...that far out??? But I will have to live with the date and for how use a cooler.

We tested the rest of items.
~AC blew out so much saw dust and metal shavings! It was crazy!
~Furnace ....same thing!
~Rear toilet, my 10 year old daughter sits down and snapped the seat clean in half right at the connecting pins.
~Some of the graphics on the side are pealing up
~The sound bar did not function correctly
~The quality of cuts on trim and such was not good, some of the cuts on aluminum trim on the outside by the front bottom corners were so jagged and bad that it looked like their blade had probably got stuck in the cutting process.
~Debris, saw dust, electrical connectors, screws, nails, all over in hidden spots....in the cabinets, the rear ramp door, rear bathroom, under the couch.
~the rear ramp door has a big wear mark in the grip tape from the folding handrail rubbing against it where collapses to the inside.
~kinda disappointed with the stereo! no speakers on the inside of the living room?? Any where the heck is the sub woofer?? Outside... Speakers were great!!
~exhaust for the generator straps broke(watch the screws under the belly... A lot were loose or broken already!!)

All and all ... It went well! Lol. We really loved the lay out, design, colors, comfort options, fireplace, tvs, kitchen was great, and the garage was the best.....everything was amazing in it!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	8393  
Rdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:12 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I wasn't aware of a Best RV in Lodi, just the one in Turlock. I sure hope they take care of your issues. Anyway congrats on your new trailer.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdowns View Post
With a little arguing with the wife (standing behind the trailer out of sight)...we got her parked in the sight and got to setting it up. With some of the neighbors already set up, they sat and watched as I hit the auto level button and sat down and watched as I relaxed, and all I heard from the neighbor sitting and watching was......."A**hole". I felt a little guilty having this ridiculous trailer that people were envying. But It felt
Hey I wonder if the "A**hole" next to you was having this many problems!

I would've cracked a beer for me and him and asked how his first time out was like and if he could give me some advice!
Old 04-19-2015, 07:00 PM   #4
roadglide

I just finished a 5 day with my shake down with 2015 311 Impact. 2 days dry camping 3 days wet camp. We where luck the dealer took us in on our way home . I unloaded the Harley and all the food and there working on it.
Shower door had to be locked from out side so its a 2 person deal.
Shower sprayer and faucet broke.
only half the manuals , no RV manual.
repaired a brake wire wore from rubbing on a tire , might want to check your brake wires left side.
pop up nails on the roof.
Molding no big deal.
The Duramax was grate , yup fire stone air bags is on my list of improvements, and we had good time in the high country of N M. Best of luck with your new toy hauler
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
Rdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I wasn't aware of a Best RV in Lodi, just the one in Turlock. I sure hope they take care of your issues. Anyway congrats on your new trailer.
Sorry ...I'm not familiar with that area, it was Turlock
Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
Rdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
Hey I wonder if the "A**hole" next to you was having this many problems!

I would've cracked a beer for me and him and asked how his first time out was like and if he could give me some advice!
I did with a bottle of jack instead!!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #7
Way Of Life

Just did a 2 day shake down on our new 2015 Fuzion 325....

-Decided to summerize the unit before we left home since we would be at an electric only site. Once I had the city water hooked up using a #42 pressure regulator I noticed that I was getting some drops of water near the toilet foot pedal. Noticed that the valve assembly had a small pin hole expelling water while under pressure. Made a trip to a local dealer that had the Dometic part on hand and the 15 min repair complete.
-Went to fill the fresh water tank using the power fill as I was hooked up to city pressure already....4 seconds into the fill and I had water pouring out of the belly of the camper....That sucked!.....I did manage to fill the fresh tank using the water port with no issues.
-Got backed into the site at the camp ground and the leveling system worked flawlessly.....Love this option!
-Turned on the water pump and of course it started to run.....and run.....and run. Keep in mind I filled the water heater when I was hooked up to city water so the pump should have come up to pressure rather quickly......Nothing. Got the book out on the Surflo 4008 pump and went over the trouble shooting tips. Running out of daylight in a hurry I had to put this project on hold until morning.....Good thing the new bath house was only a short walk away.....Daylight appears and I empty the basement of everything I had packed earlier in the week....Nice to have a garage. I then removed the access panel to inspect the water pump. I took me less than 10 seconds to realize the strainer globe that I was to inspect for debris was in several pieces and laying on the floor below it's mounted location.....Problem found. I have to assume this is the culprit of the water running out of the belly using the power fill option as this flows back through the pump. Another trip to the local dealer.....Let me say, this is not our purchasing dealer, who again had the need part on hand. Back to the camper and within 90 seconds the pump is up and running as it should. I did find a short piece of excess tubing and a small bit of saw dust and debris....Not as bad as stated in earlier posts.
-Norcold fridge kept giving us an L1op fault code.....Over temp sensor was the explanation from their manual.....Was easy reset by restarting the fridge. This fault continued 4 more times....I then decided to turn down the temp to a setting of 3 as the fridge had only a small amount inside and then continued to run the rest of the weekend.
-Went to break camp this morning and went to use the leveling system return to hitch height and an over limit alarm comes up....Not a big deal as I recall others have had this same issue. Went into manual mode and proceeded to retract the front jacks to connect.....No problem. Once connected, I hit the auto retract and another over limit alarm comes up. I then go into manual mode and begin the retract myself.....Not an easy chore I might add continuing to encounter several over limit alarms....After messing around for short of 7-10 minutes I became frustrated and pushed the auto retract once again and this time it worked as expected.....Not sure what to think of that.

By Saturday after noon I had a smile back on my wife's and her loving the toy hauler we had decided to buy. I'm sure there may be other bugs to work out as other systems are tested but all in all not a bad weekend.

On a side note.....The dealer I was able to pick up the parts from is a Keystone dealer and Keystone service center. When she asked what year our Fuzion was she asked for the VIN number and she would turn it in to Keystone for warranty claim.....How cool is that!?! They commented as well that they would be happy to do any service and/or warranty work in the future if needed. Saves me a 320 mile round trip to our purchasing dealer.
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:25 AM   #8
Rdowns

RANT:
Its kinda sad that the purchase of a $60,000 + dollar unit has so many flaws. Granted every brand has their issues. And I knew what I was getting into by reading other people's shake down and PDI's before we bought ours. Its still an eye opener when you see it for your self and its YOUR rig that has the problems. Its just the quality of craftsmanship and work that is so half A**ed, maybe I have OCD about my work but still - no excuse to leave items the way they do and decide its ok to give to a customer this way. Sad that customer service has become this bad. I would like to see GM leave metal shavings, sawdust coming out of the ac vents, jagged metal edges on trim, wires completely disconnected, parts laying on the floor...etc (I know the auto industry has there problems too!)

Good responses with all the Shake Down Reports!

Keep the items coming, VERY useful to know what to look for. Especially once you get past the excitement of the purchase and start finding all the problems.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #9
crash

We too had our fair share of trouble on our first outing,Now we just lay back and enjoy every trip to the fullest .Our Raptor has over 15,000 miles on it now
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	545.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	8396  
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #10
Steve S

Quote:
I did with a bottle of jack instead!!
Good man That's the best way to camp
Old 04-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #11
gilpinbrewer

The Subwoofer on your 371 is in the basement behind the convenience panel. Yep, no speakers inside. The way they have it setup it is meant to be played through your sound bar.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #12
Rdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpinbrewer View Post
The Subwoofer on your 371 is in the basement behind the convenience panel. Yep, no speakers inside. The way they have it setup it is meant to be played through your sound bar.
Ok thanks! Im glad to hear it is there...lol, but where is the "basement convenience panel" ?? Is there a way to adjust the output of the sub?? And I will have to look into my sound bar because I could not get the stereo to come out of the sound bar no matter what function it was set to.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:03 PM   #13
Vastdavidson

We just purchased a 371 and it took me a while to figure out the soundbar. Aux plays from the radio...but each source seems to have its own volume control. So even though we didn't have sound we had to turn the sound up on the soundbar to get sound. What I did was turn on the speakers in the garage and set the volume of the radio to where it was good in the garage. Turned off the speakers in the garage and then turned the soundbar on to AUX and then played with the volume... Hope that helps. Didn't play with the subwoofer. thats next time out.

One thing with ours I haven't figured out yet is the front security light. When its not on its amber...We can't turn off the Amber not mater what. We have to turn off the Battery cutoff to get it to go out...I've tried the remote and the buttons.
Vastdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:59 PM   #14
gtsum2

Picked up 345 chrome Friday and driveway camped and got it loaded up for first real camp this weekend. I forgot to hook up city water so we will see how that goes at the campground...did test water and faucets from holding tank though and all worked well.

No speakers in living room...play sound through sound bar. TV sound through sound bar using dv in input on sound bar. Sub is adjustable via Sony head unit. Recommend looking at the manual and it is pretty easy to get set up.

We went over ours pretty good and only had a backsplash issue which dealer already ordered the part. Everything worked as it should and we didn't find any construction debris anywhere...maybe we got lucky? The auto level is the cats meow for sure.

Good luck getting ur rig up to speed. Seems like it's almost luck of the draw on these things which is sad when one considers the price we pay
Old 04-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #15
Rdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastdavidson View Post
We just purchased a 371 and it took me a while to figure out the soundbar. Aux plays from the radio...but each source seems to have its own volume control. So even though we didn't have sound we had to turn the sound up on the soundbar to get sound. What I did was turn on the speakers in the garage and set the volume of the radio to where it was good in the garage. Turned off the speakers in the garage and then turned the soundbar on to AUX and then played with the volume... Hope that helps. Didn't play with the subwoofer. thats next time out.

One thing with ours I haven't figured out yet is the front security light. When its not on its amber...We can't turn off the Amber not mater what. We have to turn off the Battery cutoff to get it to go out...I've tried the remote and the buttons.
The security #1 light has a 3 position switch. Up is standard led light and down is the Amber mode. To turn it off it needs to be in the middle position. Side note when an item is turned on with the remote it needs to be turned off with the remote! It over rides the manual buttons and can only be done with the remote. Now if you turn the security #1 into Amber mode by button then kill the battery switch It will come back on when you turn the battery on.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:58 AM   #16
gilpinbrewer

Quote:
Ok thanks! Im glad to hear it is there...lol, but where is the "basement convenience panel" ?? Is there a way to adjust the output of the sub?? And I will have to look into my sound bar because I could not get the stereo to come out of the sound bar no matter what function it was set to.
The panel is on the drivers side near the front where all the water connections and knobs are. When you open that door, look in the storage part and you will see a plastic divider that protects the back of it. There are a handful of screws that you pull out to remove it. You will then have access to all the goodies behind there. That is where I mounted my Progressive Surge Protector.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10553345_10203564558627061_1001853735895017869_n.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	8403  
Old 04-21-2015, 05:13 AM   #17
Rdowns

Interesting....looks like a lot of wasted space?? Thanks for the good picture! never would have thought it would be that far away from the Entertainment center. Love the surge protector there to. I always wonder why they just dont build those in from the factory??
Old 04-21-2015, 06:16 AM   #18
gtsum2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpinbrewer View Post
The panel is on the drivers side near the front where all the water connections and knobs are. When you open that door, look in the storage part and you will see a plastic divider that protects the back of it. There are a handful of screws that you pull out to remove it. You will then have access to all the goodies behind there. That is where I mounted my Progressive Surge Protector.
interesting picture...if I would have known that was where to put the built in EMS, I would have got one of those instead of the portable Progressive Industries EMS....at least I know whats back there thanks to the pic!
Old 04-21-2015, 06:47 AM   #19
Vastdavidson

Quote:
The security #1 light has a 3 position switch. Up is standard led light and down is the Amber mode. To turn it off it needs to be in the middle position. Side note when an item is turned on with the remote it needs to be turned off with the remote! It over rides the manual buttons and can only be done with the remote. Now if you turn the security #1 into Amber mode by button then kill the battery switch It will come back on when you turn the battery on.
Rdowns - Thank you...I will check that out...I hope its that simple!!
Vastdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:10 AM   #20
notanlines

Rdowns, welcome to the forum. I can't help but believe that
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote