Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
JOEFATIMA

My Bullet 230BHS rocks to much

Hi everyone,

Can't figure out why my trailer rocks (Excessive) whenever someone walks around inside trailer. I've made sure all four jacks are secured and tightly downward. I've even notice when the boys are in their bunkbeds and move around the whole trailer rocks. I'm thinking about buying a couple of trailer stablizers if it would help. Any suggestions?
2004 1/2 ton Sierra pickup
Previous trailer - 2619 Trailmanor
JOEFATIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Woodsrider

I have the same trailer, and mine is rock solid. I may be pointing out the obvious, but are you sure the wheels are properly chalked?

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
Woodsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Ken / Claudia

I would add that if you do not do this, than start. After you lower the jacks, go back around and check them again. I find that sometimes I have one or several lose, (not solid to the ground) from lowering other jacks. I think that is caused from raiseing to much at one place or things(people) have moved around in the trailer as you are attempting to level it.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Englishman

We use the camco stabalize jacks and they appear to make a huge differance. They are around $40 for 4.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
dbrinklow

We are using the BAL X-chocks and they made an extreme difference.
2001 Honda Gold Wing (DH)
2000 Honda 650 GLX (DW)
dbrinklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
Hoopkans

We use a BAL X-Chock and it solved most of our motion problems. Keep in mind that you will still feel the spring movement but chicks will keep the wheels from shifting. Good luck.

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4x4
2014 Passport 2810BHWE
Hoopkans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
JOEFATIMA

Trailer shaking

Thanks everyone, will take all of your advice. First time dealing with dual wheels and never thought about wheel movement. I do put chocks under tires but not tightly. Reason is I leave my trailer at the campground trailer storage and when I need it I call them and they move it to campsite location and and store it once we our done. I do use wedge shape chocks on wheels but not tightly or else I can't remove them. I'm going to take your advise and purchase Bal X chocks and give that a try. I'm pretty sure that will take care of the problem. Will post after next trip (October) and let you know what happen.

Again thank you to all of you for your great recommendations Very helpful.

Joe S.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
Outbackmel

Chocks

I have used el cheapo yellow chocks for years, no major issues. Once in awhile I back over one....

I place mine and hit with a rubber hammer to snug them. I have a pry bar I keep handy to hook and pull them out.

x chocks are a better way to go and they will be on my list as well.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
fireidiot

My Cougar has the same issue. I use x-chocks already and I can feel every time someone walks in the camper. I have tightened the jacks again, but it doesn't help much. I have been using some portable jacks from Wally World and they help if I put them in front of the tires. I think I'm going to add some BAL jacks to help with the issue.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
dacar

rocky too much

check out Steadyfast - they work great and easy to install I have them on the 318sab - it eliminated all the rocky motion
and great customer service
dacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
FTWingRiders

I've been on 3 separate week long vacations with my new 325SRX. Just got home from a week 3 on the lake, the first with the SteadyFast. I installed them right before this trip.

What a difference!! ROCK solid with 5 of us in there, (2 teenage boys too), really planted the camper. I also use x-chock, have all three trips. Definitely HIGHLY recommended for anybody looking to take any movement out.
FTWingRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
JOEFATIMA

Rocky trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireidiot View Post
My Cougar has the same issue. I use x-chocks already and I can feel every time someone walks in the camper. I have tightened the jacks again, but it doesn't help much. I have been using some portable jacks from Wally World and they help if I put them in front of the tires. I think I'm going to add some BAL jacks to help with the issue.
I was thinking about the Valterra stablizer 020106 at camping world or Amazon.com. Looks like a good option. The only thing how many.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #13
Jim7411

Ditto on the SteadyFast stabilizers. I had them on my Bullet, worked great! When I sold it, I took them off and put them on my Laredo. Still work great! I agree...great customer service. The owner even offers his cellphone # if you have installation questions.
Jim7411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #14
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEFATIMA View Post
I was thinking about the Valterra stablizer 020106 at camping world or Amazon.com. Looks like a good option. The only thing how many.
Bought one of these. While it does help a lot with stabilizing the trailer, the pins have broken on mine after very little use. I've drilled holes through the legs are use pins instead of what they came with.

Once fixed it works well.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #15
KJcachers

I've seen people use a couple of 5000 lb bottle jacks and some blocks under the frame near the axle on each side to prevent the suspension from sagging in the middle . Even though your corners are stable the area in the middle can flex up and down when moving around. We use the x chocks as well and will be trying the bottle jack trick on the next trip.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #16
JOEFATIMA

Stablizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcKenzie View Post
Bought one of these. While it does help a lot with stabilizing the trailer, the pins have broken on mine after very little use. I've drilled holes through the legs are use pins instead of what they came with.

Once fixed it works well.
Thanks, I read alot of reviews on this particular stablizer and they all seem to have the same experience. Works, but pins break off. Hey, easy enough to modify and long as it does the job, it's my choice to. I was thinking of placing right underneath the propane bottles on frame since the rocking is more bothersome at night in bed when someone gets up to go to the bathroom.

Good luck and thank you for responding.

Joe S.