Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
DJ85

Exclamation This has to be one of the grosses things I have ever seen

Today right after I got done at a the dump site and was just doing a quick look over before hitting the road. I observed one of the most stupid gorsses thing I have ever seen lately. I observe some guys butt into line towing a blue sewer holding tank. I watched as this guy wheeled it up to the edge of the pit while the sewer dump pipe is and without using a sewer hose he removed the cap and sprayed sewage all over the pit and splashing it all over the concrete. Not only that but as he removed the cap he had no gloves on and sprayed it all over his hand as well I looked at my wife and said you got to be sh##ing me did I really see what I just saw. I calmly got into my truck and left. I looked over at her told her if he woukld have done that in front of me when I was getting ready to dump it would not have went good at all. I know there are people out there that really dont give a cr## about anybody but themselves but this was my first encounter with this. I could go on with some of the stuff I have seen but there is no need to make people sick.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Pawpod

gee ! I needed that image dumped into my brain!

Seen people go without gloves but with a hose and rincing there hands with the water hose to wash out the hose - saw one person filling their tank with that hose also. Still have the pleasure of not seeing someone dump without a hose or a tote.

I use a clear elbow, then hose, then drain spout elbow. Also disposable gloves before anything is hooked up until everything is stored. Read one person who would keep soap in the outside shower to wash up after. Be doing the same myself now also. Better than going to the nearest washroom or portable water spout to clean up.
Pawpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Kristi

Ewwww!

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
crash

,I keep a box of rubber gloves and some liquid soap in the compartment were my connections are and use them every time I hook and unhook
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #5
Javi

Once you've hand dug a backed up septic tank out to clean it up you won't be bothered by a little splash of poop water...

not everyone was raised in the city...
Old 06-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #6
davidjsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Once you've hand dug a backed up septic tank out to clean it up you won't be bothered by a little splash of poop water...

not everyone was raised in the city...
Lol! I've made a good living digging in things some people found disgusting, and sat down to eat a sandwich.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:00 AM   #7
x96mnn

Sometimes its not ignorance to other people but experience to the situation. I used a blue boy for the first time this weekend down home at my mothers place dumping into her septic and I had a learning curve to say the least. I was wearing gloves and had a hose though lol. I did not know the top screw on was for more then just hosing out, its also for letting air out as you fill and not let it collapse well you dump lol. I learned with little consequence but just the same it could have been worse.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #8
mguay

At the place we camp most often, that is normal behavior. It is a state park without sewer hook-ups. During the weekdays just after supper the "poo parade" starts! It's a mass of blue totes rolling by. The best day is Sunday when the place is emptying out. There is usually a line of about 6 deep going to each of the two dump stations. We have seen it all and have learned to laugh at it rather than get upset. We have talked to the managers multiple times and it's just one of those things that they don't want to police. Even though there are instructions posted.... I don't think they are ever read. The classic one that we see all the time is similar to your experience with the exception that they're not using the tote, but the camper itself. Dad is behind the wheel, Mom gets out, yells to Dad, "Close enough" then gets back in. Dad gets out, goes to discharge pipe, removes cover and pulls handle! Cr@p Everywhere! I might add, no gloves, shorts and flipflops or sandals. Then just as there is not much coming out anymore, jumps in drivers seat, touching door handle, steering wheel, shifter...you get the picture. Grabs sandwich from Mom and drives off, with valves still open and cover swaying in the breeze. We have seen times like this more times than I care to count. It has changed my dump station etiquette a bit. Now when we get there, after putting on disposable gloves, I hose the whole place down!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
fla-gypsy

In Florida transporting sewage (black water) in a blue tank in a state park is illegal. Only gray water is allowed.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
Pmedic4

Gloves, hoses and poop

Had one of our previous RVs have a problem dumping the BW tank, and nothing would come out... Yech! Only thing I could do, and wearing gloves was to reach up and remove the clog. Fortunately it was only about elbow length up - thinking of the movie RV with Robin Williams the whole time. Just glad there wasn't a huge line at the dump station.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #11
mrwizzard

Never, ever, underestimate the power of human stupidity....
mrwizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
SaintHalo65

Tote

We have the tote and only tote gray water, live in fla too..
Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #13
mikell

I live in a park about 200' from the dump station. I could open my own video channel. Some people don't care but the DNR does if you call them
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote