Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #21
rjsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gepaine View Post
I expect this is going to draw a lot of fire, but here goes.

I called the manufacturer of the flush system installed in my TT a while back with a question unrelated to the topic of this post. I talked with the gentleman that designed the system. He happened to mention that if I had a problem with the vacuum breaker (which I didn't), he would send me another one for free. He also said I could just remove the breaker and connect its input hose to its output hose. He was of the opinion that the breaker was unnecessary because "there is no way water in the black tank is going to climb up 2 feet" to reach the flush connection.

Just another thing to consider.
+1

Took out that POS valve last year with no ill effects and reclaimed 35' of Pex tubing

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #22
E597283

had an issue with mine both times i tried it...both times water came out from under the cabinet and on the floor....havent brought to be fixed or anything. Rather use a wand right down in to the toilet works best.

2011 Keystone Passport 2910BH Ltd. Edition

2007 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2 liter
E597283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #23
fireidiot

Well, my dealer replaced the vacuum breaker for me. I got home and tested it again for my own piece of mind and it still drips a little from the top of the unit. It's not enough of a drip to do any damage, but something that will annoy my anal retentive self. So, I'm off to home depot for some sharkbite fittings. I think I will install 2 check valves on each line and still use my vacuum breaker that fits on the end of the hose.

Side note, I was reading on B&B's website about the crappy vacuum breaker and it says per their instructions, "The atmospheric vacuum breaker shall not be installed where the venting of water from the device during the normal functioning causes damage." I found that kinda funny since it's inside, but in thinking about it, where else could it really go? I know where mine is going....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2