Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Travers

Bullet 272BHS fan above stove does not vent overboard. Why?

Does anyone else with a new Bullet 272BHS wonder why the fan above the stove does not vent to the outside? Mine doesn't and I am wondering why not. If you turn the vent fan on it just sucks and blows the air out the back of the hood fan into the trailer through wherever it can find a path rather than overboard like it should.

How can this be good idea?

My only other issue is that the rubber boot on the roof antenna comes off to easily with the potential to allow water into the room. So it needs to be held on better with some kind of putty or glue.

Also, I'm not really impressed with the Jensen AWM965 because it doesn't have audio out but I can't blame Keystone or that. I wish it had come with a Jensen 12 volt tv because the included Sansui requires 120 volts. My plan is to just get an inexpensive home bluray player for it.

I will say also that otherwise it is great trailer and am quite pleased with it.
Travers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

[QUOTE=Travers;92347]Does anyone else with a new Bullet 272BHS wonder why the fan above the stove does not vent to the outside? Mine doesn't and I am wondering why not. If you turn the vent fan on it just sucks and blows the air out the back of the hood fan into the trailer through wherever it can find a path rather than overboard like it should.

How can this be good idea?

My only other issue is that the rubber boot on the roof antenna comes off to easily with the potential to allow water into the room. So it needs to be held on better with some kind of putty or glue.

QUOTE]

Travers -
You are just one of many who are also wondering why the stove fan does not vent to the outside.

How can this be a good idea you ask....... It isn't and that is why some folks have installed a Fantastic Fan in the kitchen area to do the work of this useless stove fan.

You can solve the issue of the loose rubber boot by going up on the roof and applying some Dicor or other RV sealant. Don't use silicone - it isn't compatible with the rubber roof, is hard to remove if you need to re-caulk, won't adhere to itself and there are far better products out there.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
GaryWT

My Preimier does not but I cook outside so not an issue. My house does not vent outside either but bigger space. The design is to just try to filter the smell but that does not work plus nice moisture.

As for the radio, mine I could hav added a 3rd set of speakers as when in the bedroom watching a dvd I had no sound. My answer was to connect a dvd player to the tv.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
chuck&gail

Why? Because it is cheap!

My Outback had a skylight over the stove. It is now a two way fan. Problem solved.
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
CWSWine

On the outside of our 28SGS it has door for the stove fan that has to unlatched for the stove fun can dump outside.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
Inherentwired1

Just wait...in addition to these complaints, my Jensen stereo has recently started turning itself on for no reason...and the Dicor will only hold the antenna boot for a half season cause the wire is too tight and it pulls.
Inherentwired1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
Travers

Thanks to all for your input. I will use Dicor to hold the antenna boot in position.

One more thing came to mind on my trailer is that the master light switch is only really a master switch for the main living area and the sleeping quarters are still independently controlled. A feature I suppose.

Also, thirty gallons seems to be a bit small for a grey water holding tank. All part of the learning curve but I sure wouldn't want anything smaller than that with a family of five.

We really like the trailer so these are all more observations than criticisms. Well, other than installing a non-vented hood fan.

2014 Bullet 272BHS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ
Travers is offline   Reply With Quote