Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
DennisT

FloJet water connections: help me understand them please...

Got a Camco, "Pump Converter Winterizing Kit," last fall after I had already winterized. Now, before we get our late start for traveling, I went out to install it. Trying to plan ahead for winter this time. However, I'm puzzled: I see the hose coming up from the floor, (from fresh water tank apparently), and that I understand must be the, "incoming fresh water suction line," I want. But there is no threaded plastic fitting at the pump as I expected. Instead the little elbow seems to, "plug in," to the pump with a blue plastic fitting that has what looks like thumb grips molded into it.

???

Or is this a, "squeeze and pull out, " fitting? If so, it must rely heavily on an O-ring or something. It just looks cheesy to me.

This Camco has a nice looking brass, three-pipe ball valve and a plastic coupler, so if I understand Camco right, I do not have to cut or re-build plastic hoses or lines, just insert this some way using provided threaded fittings.

Can anyone help me understand this please? We leave in two weeks so I'm trying to get everything ready without leaks, etc. The little Flojet leaflet that cam with the TT is of no help whatsoever.

Thanks for any tips,
Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The CAMCO winterizing adapter kit you bought is for threaded fittings (usually found on Shurflo water pumps. You have a Flojet water pump which uses mechanical lock fittings. The CAMCO kit can be adapted to use on your Flojet pump, but it's sort of like trying to adapt a Dodge water pump to fit a Ford engine. Much harder than just getting the right parts..... Go to your RV dealer, take back the CAMCO kit you bought and ask for a Flojet elbow fitting and get a 3 foot section of the appropriate size clear vinyl tubing. Attach the tubing to the fitting, remove the intake fitting from your Flojet pump, install the elbow you bought, stick the vinyl hose in a gallon of RV antifreeze and turn on the pump. Once your RV is winterized, remove the elbow fitting, store it for next season and reinstall the intake fitting that you previously removed. Job finished.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
DennisT

kit

JR:
Well that was fast. Wrong kit. No one told me when I got it, and that was so long ago I doubt I can take it back. Oh well; at least it makes sense now. Glad I didn't begin ripping things apart.

We're minimum of 50 miles from any RV dealer, so it will have to wait.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote