Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
pconer0710

Exclamation 2008 Springdale 189FL

Hello All;

New to the forum and to start out I have a fairly broad question. Without going into the particular condition of the trailer we are possibly looking to purchase, I was wondering if anyone had some general comments about the good and bad of the 2008 Springdale 189FL. Growing up my family always had a popup camper, however now that I have my own family we are looking into this trailer. However, with all my searching online I have had no luck with locating personal reviews on this model. Hoping to get some general insight from people in the know. Thanks for any facts, opinions and such you can send my way before we pull the trigger. We have some time before we have to make any decision, a family friend is selling it due to her husband passing away (at a very young age) and not wanting to keep it around.
pconer0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
lightning79

Hi there,

This isn't an apples-to-apples comparison as I have a newer version of the trailer that's one size down from yours, but since you haven't gotten any replies (a lot on this forum have bigger trailers), I thought I'd give it a try.

I looked at the 189 when I bought my 179 last June, and I really liked it, but I didn't need a bunkbed model. I did find the 189 to be a little dark inside, my 179 has a big back window that really lets in a lot of light. That was really the only criticism of the 189 that I could find, as said, I didn't need bunks. I like the idea of a trailer with lots of big windows all around it, otherwise it can feel a little claustrophobic.

Other than that, it looks to be a great trailer, easy to tow and park, etc. Good luck!

Kevin
Old 06-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Kristi

I can't really comment on the springdale, never owned one. But if you are looking for general input on the looks of it, if it was just me or me & DH with maybe one kid, that floorplan would work. Looks like they packed quite a bit of living area into a small package. The best advise I've heard so far from others is to think about a long rainy afternoon with whoever you will be taking, spouse, kids, friends, etc... Would you be able to cook, watch TV, play cards, whatever?

My poor DH, I made him look at soooo many floorplans before we decided on the passport 2650bh

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
karen.b.anderson

I like Kristi's advice. We rented several different models - motor homes, then travel trailers - before we bought. First several trips all would have been a bust without the hard sides of a camper - rain or cold snap that would have made a tent - or likely pop-up (no heat?) not workable. With the hard sides and climate control the kids still had a blast, and we parents were perfectly comfortable. We ended up with a Passport 2910bh. Don't remember the model number, but there's a Springdale just like it. That has quad bunks, which has been really handy for overflow beyond my 2 kids.

As long as it's just in the sleeping area, I think dark is a plus. Especially in the summer when otherwise the young'un would be waking up with the sun at 5am...

Could you spend an hour, evening or night in it with the family to see how it feels?
karen.b.anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
pconer0710

Thanks so much for the replies. I'll have the chance to test it out prior to purchasing since it is someone we know. So that's a plus and a great suggestion. Sitting in it in the driveway for a few minutes definitely wouldn't have given us a true impression of what it would be like stuck inside on a rainy day.

I haven't found much of anything on the "performance" and/or issues with this model. Hoping that is a good thing. People tend to take the time to post negatives online more so than positives. Maybe one day we'll move up to a larger model, but figured it would be best to start out with something around this size and gauge everyone's interest in the experience before jumping all-in to a much larger investment. Thanks again for the input.

Justin
Old 06-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
karen.b.anderson

Check out this post - may help some...

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3015
karen.b.anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
pconer0710

Looks like the majority of Keystone customers have enjoyed their experiences with them!

Tags
189fl, springdale