Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
woster

New member here

Hey there,

Just dropping in to introduce ourselves. New Laredo 310 RE owners after 15 years pulling a Nomad TT. Looking forward to where the road takes us.

Regards,
Quality of life is 10% what happens to you.....90% how you react
woster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
azlee56

Welcome, I see you are located in Flagstaff. You should have quite a few places to camp, whether you choose dry camping or hookups. I'm down in Tucson.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Woster,

to the Forum and to Keystone. We're happy you decided to join us. A lot has changed in RV's between your 15 year old Nomad and your new Laredo. The concept is the same (hook up and go) but the means by which it happens is a lot different with the new RV's. Look around, I'm sure you'll find many interesting topics to fill all the time you're able to allot to researching the forum. With all those years under your belt, I'm sure you have lots of interesting stories about past RVing trips. We'd like to hear them when you have time.

If you're looking for anything specific, use the search feature (found in the blue bar at the top of every Forum page) to narrow your search. If you have problems finding what you are looking for, start a new thread in the appropriate section and ask away. I'm sure one of our members will answer in short order.

Again, welcome to the Forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by woster View Post
Hey there,

Just dropping in to introduce ourselves. New Laredo 310 RE owners after 15 years pulling a Nomad TT. Looking forward to where the road takes us.

Regards,
to the group! How are things in Flag? With the dust storms we are having now, and over the past week, I think most of Flag or Az is now here! We left Flag in '01. THe town sure has changed a lot since I first came down from Page to attend NAU in '88. We try to get back at least every other year as a family, although I have been passing through every year on the way to the air show in Vegas. Will be spending a week at Powell in June, so am sure we will at least drive down for a day outing.

Have you had any experience with the Camping World in Bellmont? We may need to bring our 5er there for repairs to the front end cap. I have talked to the service manager, and she was real nice and professional. Just wondering since I have heard good and a lot of bad things about Camping Worlds. The nearest dealer won't help us since we didn't buy from them, and our selling dealer is in Denver. FLag is 3 hours closer each way, and would give us an excuse to plan 2 trips back to Flag.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #5
crash

to the forum and cograds on the new 5ver.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #6
woster

Cougarfamily,

Flag is still a great place to live! We raised our kids here and I believe they will stay here for life. It has changed quite a lot and some not for the better, but still a wonderful community.

I've done quite a bit of shopping at the Camping World in Bellemont but I have yet to have any service work done. I'm a DIYer so not very likely. I heard they are going to relocate into town. They've had a tough go if it out there.....losing their roof twice in the short couple years the've been open. Once to a tornado and once to major hail storm.

I sure hope they succeed. It is really convenient having them nearby.

Regards,
Quality of life is 10% what happens to you.....90% how you react
woster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by woster View Post
Cougarfamily,

Flag is still a great place to live! We raised our kids here and I believe they will stay here for life. It has changed quite a lot and some not for the better, but still a wonderful community.

I've done quite a bit of shopping at the Camping World in Bellemont but I have yet to have any service work done. I'm a DIYer so not very likely. I heard they are going to relocate into town. They've had a tough go if it out there.....losing their roof twice in the short couple years the've been open. Once to a tornado and once to major hail storm.

I sure hope they succeed. It is really convenient having them nearby.

Regards,
We sure loved Flag and hated to leave. DW's mom was ill with cancer and she wanted to be closer to her before she passed. We have tons of good memories from the many years there, especially the birth of our daughter. Some of our fondest camping memories are from camping in Lockett Meadow, and driving 'round the peaks on Hart Prairie Rd. And of course, Powell was only 2 hours away for a line in the water, and to see mom and pop. And for some reason, I am missing Phoenix too. Summers were too hot, but loved it down there any other time of year.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote