Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
duramax

amplifier

So I'm kinda new to this toyhauler thing, but was wondering what others have on their raptor.The amplifier in my 300mp seems to stay on with 12 volt or ac power even though the head unit is off, is this normal? Seems it would be a huge battery drain roughing it.Just wanted to see if I'm overlooking something before I cut wire and install a switch.
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramax View Post
So I'm kinda new to this toyhauler thing, but was wondering what others have on their raptor.The amplifier in my 300mp seems to stay on with 12 volt or ac power even though the head unit is off, is this normal? Seems it would be a huge battery drain roughing it.Just wanted to see if I'm overlooking something before I cut wire and install a switch.
Is it the amp itself or just the back light? W've got a Jensen in the Cougar, and the backlight stays on even when the unit is off. We dry camp a lot, and that backlight is an unnecessary draw on the battery. I installed a switch on the 12vdc line that goes into the radio to shut it off entirely.

That seems to be the case with most TT's. My old '99 Sunline had the same issue.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
duramax

could be just the light, Im used to any light being on signaling the amp is drawing power, I will check it out though and if thats the case I will do the same thanks for the info!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
Heliumhel

How are you turning off the head unit? Found that on men I had to hold the source button down for a few seconds and it shuts down the head unit and the amp. Before hat I pulled the fuse.
Heliumhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
duramax

yes sir that was the case figured that out after some more tinkering simply holding the source button shut the amp down as well,
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
Heliumhel

Glad it worked took me a while to find hat in the Sony book.
Heliumhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #7
dpkimmel2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliumhel View Post
How are you turning off the head unit? Found that on men I had to hold the source button down for a few seconds and it shuts down the head unit and the amp. Before hat I pulled the fuse.
Thanks for that tidbit of info. I've always wondered that myself. My 5'er is getting serviced now but when it gets back, I'll give that a try. Manuals, who reads those anyway?